Daytime Actors Who Most Deserve to Be Unemployed

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The MOST overrated actress ever? I don't know... she has fierce competition from Adrianne Leon.

Evan, I'm shocked. I thought you were a big fan of Winsor?

:o

*grits teeth, clenches fists, tries best to repress urges to "voice opinion" (in other words, go ballistic)*

• Members

Austin Peck seems to be an interesting case. Many considered him to be inept on Days, compared to the actor he had replaced, but others point to the quality of writing and storytelling on the show as not helping anyone's development in terms of acting skills. My view is that he wasn't very good on Days, yet he isn't near the Moss or Hogestyn levels of ineptitude.

• Members

:o

I love Thaao. Sometimes you want a little ham and over the topness. He has had a fairly decent career compared to most soap actors. I am happy he is niceguy Tony, but I miss evil Tony too. When you have a scene where a guy is on his horse in the living room, who are you going to call, Peter Bergman or Maurice Benard? No, you want Thaao! No one else will pull it off with such flair.

Someone upthread said Brandon Beemer. I can't understand this. When you hire BB you aren't hiring him for his acting. Go to this week's B&B thread and you will see photos of what his main contribution to soaps is and should always be. He can't be Tony Geary, but by the same token Tony Geary can't be him.

All actors have a niche and they all bring different things to screen. Some offer nothing I do admit. Steve Burton, you got me what he brings to the table.

• Members

In the Mission: Impossible remake/continuation, Thaao's character Nicholas was a master of disguise, able to assume an array of different identities or use a latex mask.

I'm sure some will be aware of it, but the 1988-90 Mission: Impossible series was actually born out of the writers' strike of 1988 when they needed something on the air to keep the viewers entertained. The show was also produced (initially) in Australia due to lower costs there at the time. The writers' strike was soon resolved and only the first few episodes were remakes and the rest were all new.

It was, in fact, not a remake but an actual continuation of the original classic. Whilst remakes never satisfy everyone, I honestly believe this was one of the better and maybe one of the best remakes of any classic TV series simply because it stayed true to the original concept of Mission: Impossible, most of the actors were competent in their roles. I make an exception for Terry Markwell (Casey) who was very poor, her character Casey was the only character in either M:I TV series to be caught/disavowed/killed, and that was not mourned by the fans. Some of the technology they used was very advanced, in that they were almost in the realms of science fiction at the time.

Most fans will view the 80s series positively, especially in light of the Tom Cruise movies. The character assassination of Jim Phelps was simply unforgivable. I watched the first movie and was truly revolted at how much of a betrayal of the concept it truly was.

Archived