Daytime Actors Who Most Deserve to Be Unemployed

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't really like the wishing of people to be unemployed, but as for bad actors the first that come to mind:

Ronn Moss

Farah Fath

Jason Cook

Thaao Penghlis

Maurice Benard

Nadia Bjorlin

God, yes, he is! Those interregation scenes are so good, Don finding out she was raped and called his house... and DJ's death... the aftermath even more so. They're both so good.

• Members

IMO, daytime wouldn't be fun without those camp over the top storylines. And as for Taylor, IMO something big was needed to reboot her character. Back when they killed her she had just become so boring and set in her ways. I much prefer the current Taylor to the Taylor of the TB storyline or the Morgan storyline. At least she is vibrant and active now.

I think it's all good and fine if some soaps strife for higher realism, but to me there also has to be a place for those campy soaps and B&B with all its serial family screwing has been campy for a long time if not always.

Errr, back on topic:

Gotta go with Steve Burton.

• Members

Deidre Hall is the most overrated actress I've ever seen. She SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS! And the sad thing is, I've seen clips of her first ten or so years on the show, and she was very good, but for the five or six years, I can hardly stand to watch her. She showed more emotion when she was playing Electra Woman!

I don't know if it's necessarily that she's a bad actress or if she's just bored or whatever. I'll never, ever be able to erase from my mind the visual of Marlena arriving on Melaswen, seeing Roman, and chanting his name like a bubblehead cheerleader. "Ro-MAN! RO-MAN! RO-MAN! YER HERRRE!"

• Members

There are so many bad actors in Daytime it is hard to know where to start so I'll go by the worse of the worse on each soap that I have watched over the years.

Y&R

Eric Braeden

Christel Khalil

Tammin Sursok

B&B

Ron Moss

Jenny Gareis

ATWT

Kelly Hensley

Roger Howarth

Marie Wilson

Jake Silbermann (beyond dreadful)

Van Hansis

Dylan Bruce (only tolerable because he brings the pretty)

Marnie Schulenberg

AMC

Susan Lucci (love her, but damn)

Cameron Mathison

Alicia Minshew

OLTL

Jon Brotherton

Bree Williamson

Farah Fatah

Michael Easton

GH

Maurice Bernard

Steve Burton

Laura Wright

• Members

I liked Eric before LML destroyed the show-- although, I think he was great during his epilepsy storyline-- but I think everyone was better before she destroyed the show. Anyways, now he's half-assed and waiting for something remotely interesting, I'm sure.

I never thought Marie Masters was as good as she should be.

And John Brotherton always roiled me like no other because the damn writers give him so much meaty material that he simply cannot handle. It's such a shame. They seriously need to recast or he needs more lessons.

Melissa Archer always bugged me too, as did Kristen Alderson. But both are growing on me, particularly the latter, who has finally stepped into some real talent with this teen pregnancy story.

• Members

Shelley Hanig

Brian Gaskill

Ron Moss

Charity Rahmer

Eric Winter

Jack Wagner

There are plenty, hard to come up with, some are good some are bad some are so, so, No one beats Susan Flannery who is Americas best Soap Actress, no one comes up in her class, among the youngers Bryan Dattillo and Allison Sweeney are good also.

Forgot Josh Taylor and his acting style, he has watched to many Humphrey Bogart movies!....

She is not the best, the only time i thought she was really good when everyone thought she was the Salem Slasher, Deidre was really good in that, otherwise she is not that good, Lauren Koslow is good at playing bitchy parts, but not in the nice roles!.....

• Members

The reason Y&R rose to the top and stayed there all those years is precisely because it hung on to its realism, character development and social relevance (the Keesha AIDS storyline and even, to an extent, Cassie's death IMHO touched on important social topics) rather than merely copying the fads on other shows at the time which led to the situation we see today. They were never afraid to kill off characters, break up couples, etc and didn't have these rabid fanbases developing cheering for a particular character or couple. Only under LML did they truly betray Bell's vision for the show.

Fact is, there was a time when Daytime soaps used to strive for greater respectability, to be taken seriously, for higher values in terms of writing. In recent times we've seen the opposite happen, they strive for the opposite, and no wonder then that people leave in droves.

Archived