Love of Life Discussion Thread

• Members

This may or may not have been mentioned somewhere in this thread, but April 27th was the date Audrey Peters first appeared.

Robert Alda first appeared as Jason Ferris on August 30, 1966, as a new neighbor of Van and Bruce's.

Edited by dc11786

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

American Home Products sold both The Secret Storm and Love of Life to the network at the same time.

The network seemed to pair The Secret Storm and Love Is a Many Splendored Things together (using some of the same production workers) and Love of Life and Where the Heart Is.

After the shows' cancellations, American Home Products repurchased the rights to both shows. Of all the cancelled shows, The Secret Storm came the closest to actually being syndicated. (I know that some stations had agreed to air the syndicated version which never materialized.) The company then tried to sell the show to NBC, but the network decided instead to air How to Survive a Marriage.

During part of the 1980s, NBC had rights to both Love of Life and The Secret Storm. I think that the company still owns the shows.

• Members

Ray was a Gaspero who used the name Slater.

Vicky Harcourt was around in the 50's I think but I don't recall any more about her off thre top of my head.

Thom Christopher's Earl Merrick was the prosecuter who succeeded in having Arlene found guilty of the murder of Ian Russell.I guess he was on for 13 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm sorry to hear this. I didn't know he was Captain Video. From the little I've seen of him on LOL he was stalwart, solid, and I could see why he was popular with viewers. I wonder if they ever asked him back when they brought Paul back from the dead.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

We're lucky that several episodes of early/mid 50s Love of Life exist. Here's one with him.