Love of Life Discussion Thread

• Members

I am fairly computer, so I don't know how to post a video, but if anyone can, there is a preview with the Reverend Richard Brewster on you tube. [i just punched in Reverend Richard Brewster Love of Life]. I think the actor is Robert Webber, a frequent guest star on crime dramas in the 70s. Am I right? Is RW playing Bambi's father?

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

To me, it seemed like the last six months of the show was tying up all the old fashion stories while ushering in the newer stuff. I wonder if the show had been given another year, if the changes would have fully worked.

I was encouraged in the last scene when Arlene refuses to forgive Ray that she would become a stronger character.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Who was the woman that Elliot Lang cheated with on Betsy ? Was her name Jill? Does anyone know anything about her character? Who played her?

Who was Arden Delacourt[ actress Geraldine Brooks]?

What was the story for Howie Howells[ Ed Crowley]? Did the character have any family? Was he a good or bad guy?

Does anyone know who played Papa Gaspero? Prison guard Solly when the fire broke out when Ben was in prison?

Thanks for any answers!

Edited by slick jones

• Members

I didn't recognize it from YouTube, nor did I recognize the two characters involved -- but it was a B&W clip from the '50s. The premise had Mrs. Masters and her new African-American nanny/maid watching the show, which is a favorite of the nanny's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I looked through a lot of the old Jon Michael Reed articles available on the google archive newspaper site, and was looking for the casting in LoL's final years, the Bambi Brewster debacle of a story. Has anyone found any casting notices for Eloise Alberini, Rev. Brewster's crazy follower? I've asked this befor, but here are some others:"Big" Al Barton, Reverend Richard Brewster, Reverend Harding, Leonia Baxter, Cissy[Casey]Muldoon, reporter, Arthur, Barbara, and Kathleen Brewster, Tran Chang[child of Kim Soo Li and Tony Alphonso], Papa Gaspero, Mildred Russell, Frankie Sills, Solly Sullivan[prison guard, saved by Ben], and Paul Smith[smithers?] reporter?

In reading some old magazines, a couple of names I haven't seen in cast lists are: Sally Cartwright [Patricia Wheel], Cathy Smith[Mallory Jones] Pam Wagner[ Lisa Bentzen], and Merlin [Hector Mercado]. There was also a newspaper editor played Frank Thomas, Sr.