GL: Ellen Wheeler as Harley?

• Members

Ellen Wheeler was terrific as Vicky/Marley on AW. She did a fine job as dying-of-AIDS Cindy (and her eventual twin) on AMC. Her brief stint as a psycho institution mate of Sheila's on B&B was good. Her return stint as Marley on AW and brief run as Marley on ATWT was less good. But, put it all together, she's a very solid performer.

She would actually be an asset in front of the camera at GL. I know this thread is meant as a joke, but there are a LOT worse things that could happen...like more talent-challenged newbies under the age of 20, playing characters with limited linkages to the core.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled to take her as Harley IF it meant that she wouldn't be running the show anymore. She was a wonderful actress and should go back to that. She's a mediocre director and a terrible producer. The problem is that I really think that if she ever took an onscreen job on the show, she wouldn't give up her other position.

• Members

A one-woman show, taped with an "unmanned" camera on a tripod (maybe with some zooming via remote), filmed in her office. THAT would be most cost-efficient soap ever.

Now, come to think of it, she could do the show like a videoblog, acting out all the characters. Maybe, for interest value, she could play someone with Dissociative Identity Disorder, with her personalities at war with themselves, so that she would have a legitimate reason for doing different characters that talk to each other.

I think we've just stumbled on a new cost-efficient production model!

Archived