May 26-30, 2008

Toups

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And they really can't be blamed on the rest of the CBS lineup falling. Y&R was up this week, with B&B pretty much steady. When GL inevitably ends sometime next year, will ATWT stick with one soap, especially one that has been hemorrhaging viewers? If it does manage to survive, its budget will probably be slashed to whatever GL's is now. P&G should let one of its shows die with some dignity.

• Members

Either that or let CBS buy ATWT.

Yeah, I noticed that. Oh well next week is another week. Hopefully things will improve. And I did call the drop for OLTL. :D No soap this year has gone up 3 straight weeks in a row. I forgot who it was that said it wouldnt happen??...I know it was one of my old chaps...hehe.

• Members

I guess I'm paranoid too cuz I honestly believe sometimes that he wants his "journey to the dark side" experiment to work and I wonder if his ego will allow him to fess up that it ain't. Having Pratt move to AMC...I don't know.

That mob stuff on GH makes me ill...watching one of the latest promos with Jason, both guns blazing?...come on! Frons seemed to be trying to inject that same dark, dank, depressing crap into AMC in 06 and it sank this show. Reading the posts here and elsewhere, it seems GH fans are getting pretty sick of it over there too.

• Members

I agree as a one time big fan of the show...it needs to be let go. I cant watch it anymore. I tried again today but couldnt take 5 minutes of it. The shaky cameras...the real close ups of the characters...the nonexistent cliffhangers at the end of every scene is just too much for me to take.

• Members

I think it's Jesse & Angie's wedding that got AMC the ratings bump more than anything.

I say let's wait and see if this continues before we can say anything is working. AMC's ratings tend to fluxuate too much.

I wouldn't be happy about this if I were a Cady fan, it means TIIC got what they wanted and people tuned into see a Ghost, tuning out would have had more impact IMO

Archived