AMC: SOD Scoops

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was more due to the writing, more so than the actress. Sabine played off that writing as a whiny apologetic mess, not Greenlee Smythe. Love her or hate her, the Greenlee we are seeing these days is the real character.

• Members

Rebecca Budig is by far a better actress and by far prettier than Sabine Singh and Budig IS Greenlee Smythe. Although I've warmed some to her as Babe, I think Amanda Baker still needs to go and be re-cast. Her Babe until recently was a helluva lot dumber than Alexa Havins's Babe. I'm pissed that AMC fired Sydney Penny, she & Ricky Paull Goldin seemed to have some chemistry with their few scenes together, Julia & Jake would've made a good coupling imho. I hope Sydney gets a great job in daytime or primetime soon. I could see her maybe as Cassie on ONE LIFE or how about to DAYS as Sarah Horton. AMC most definitley needs to bring back Larry Lau as Greg full-time.

• Members

He just does not understand daytime at all. It's shocking. Daytime viewers are in it for the long haul and would have wanted a reunion even if it was 10 years from now. That was one of the things that made Bill Bell one of the best writers in daytime. He understood that viewers could (and sometimes should) wait years for a resolution to a great story. Frons is such a minute man, it's beyond frustrating that someone in his position can't see the long term picture.

I agree, but I wish Sabine had been given a different role. I hope she comes back to daytime one of these days.

• Members

i agree. I do think shes a good actress, she just was not greenlee, and alot of it had to do with they didnt write greenlee as greenelee, but if they had SS wouldnt had been able to handle it, IMHO. She would had been great in a role like kendell or annie or someone of those lines.

word.

as far as babe goes, once again wih the recast the char changed too much to really compare. we have miss innocent perfection babe in baker and w ehad the clumsy selfish immoral yet broken girl in havins.

im sure the roles fit better with said actress' .. but in that case why recast? i never understand why when theyr ecast right away they feel the need to change the char 90%. if the char is that important then should the char stay true to form regaurdless of whos in the role (asid efrom minor changes)?

havins is a far better actress and had a far better role.

• Members

I like both Rebecca and Sabine, but Sabine really didn't deserve to be fired. Her portyal of Greenlee was great and she worked really hard during the months span of the crash through Greenlee and Aidan getting together. As for re-casted Babe, I still really haven't caught on to Amanda's performance, still miss Alexa.

• Members

I disagree with this, IMO, she defiantly deserved to be fired. Her acting was horrendous to watch with her constant lip jerks and over emphasing on words(shudders). I actually think they should have fired her sooner than they did. She didn't however, deserved to be embarrassed by an idiotic ad campaign where RB is touted as "The Real Greenlee"(even though IMO she is) while she was still airing on the show. That was wrong.

Archived