AMC: SOD Scoops

• Members

Baker's Babe is smart? I guess I have to disagree while Babe has always been niave and short sighted and almost always made the wrong choices Havins Babe was a much stronger woman and overall more dynamic character. She had a strength about her and while she was always portrayed as a victim she loved fiercely and was always head strong. That was always apart of her character and she was obsteninte and strong. She was romanticist and thought with her heart and was always morally grey. She was at her heart a flawed good girl. Neither Babe is smart. They are both easily mainpulated by other principal characters: JR, Adam, Janet, Ritchie, Paul Cramer, ect.

The difference isn't realy in the writing its in the acting. It's the general tone and apathy the actress has over her character that is the total difference. Baker shouild be showing us Babe's struggles, Babe's hardships, Babe's anger, ect. She should be putting Babe's heart on screen and showing us what Babe is feeling on the inside. She doesn't do that. Not in the way Havins basically always wore her heart on her sleeve, in her eyes or in her body language as Babe Carey. The bottom line is that Babe had more life in her then what Baker is willing to currently portray. She was more fleshed out, more real and more layered then what we are getting.

Sabine was luke warm and hit and miss at best. She worked in her core group of Zach, Kendell, Ryan and Annie but that was pretty much it. I know I didn't buy her as Greenlee in scenes revolving around anything else. Seriously when she mentioned Leo I nearly threw up.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived