AMC: SOD Scoops

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Warmth Bwahahahahahahahahaha

I have yet to see Baker emote on ounce of the warmth that Alexa freely gave in the role. If you were to compare Bakers' tapes with any scene with Zoe/REAL Babe back in 07' and compare it any of Baker's tapes of choice then you will see a tremendous difference. Babe and Zoe's friendship was a very warm, real and poignant friendship and Babe's complete and total acceptance of Zoe when she revealed herself to be transgendered was a beautiful moment in soap history. One can't even try to compare the two. If one ever wanted to see a tender and beautifully acted scene portraying something of true friendship and tenderness it was the scene between Babe and Zoe January 7th, 2007.

Havins had no warmth pah!

amcdec6_06_326.jpg

Simone's death

june30_2006_120.jpg

JR's confession about why he tried to kill his wife

july21_13.jpg

Wishing Josh wouldn't leave but excepting his choice to go to Switzerland

If anything she was the most tender and passionate ingenue on AMC after Eden's departure.

I don't know what Baker brings to Babe but it most certaintly isn't depth. Unless depth's new meaning is now synomous with laziness. She's dreadful and she always makes her opposite carry the entire scene. She is a blank piece of paper that garbles lines at the appropriate time. She is a cariacture a lifeless animate object. She is not as fleshed out as Alexa's Babe and she doesn't even try to assert herself into the role. She has no chemistry with ANYONE and she looks completely like an outsider when put in scenes with Krystal, Tad, Ritchie, JR or anyone remotely in Babe's hemisphere. She most certaintly isn't as interesting or as naucned as Alexa's Babe. I think people once said that Babe would become AMC's Courtney once she was recasted and I have to say that she is worse because atleast Courney had a personality as drab as she was. This Babe has been stripped of all of her great highlights, personalities, and characteristics that brought her to life in the first place.

I long to see this:

feb142007_10.jpg

small_amcjuly12_172.jpg

you know a portrayal that had zest, passion and what's that called....LIFE in it. I can't even remember ONE scene from the current actress being memorable.

Anyone who considers Baker and Sabine to be superior to critically acclaimed and emmy nominated actresses who actually knew what they were doing...I have no words for. The recasts are/were imposters and that tis all they will ever amount to being. In the long run do you think anyone will remember Sabine or Baker? by comparison to Alexa and Rebecca? Alexa and Rebecca are already cemented in memory due to their popular couplings in the form of Jabe and Greenleo and that's not even including their other couplings Jake/Greenlee and Bianca/Babe which were strong alternatives during their first introduction to the show.

• Members

Thanks. I had to read over the comment about Sabine and Baker being the superior actresses in the roles of Babe and Greenlee, I was sure I had it wrong to me that just incomprehensiable. Sure maybe Rebecca hasn't been as great as she was during her first tenure but to say that Sabine was better when she was clearly an AWFUL recast is a misrepresenation of reality. I believe I have already doled out my critisim of Baker so i'll leave it as that. She is a line runner that's pretty much it. Say what you want about Babe but she was much more dynamic under Havins tenure then she is during Bakers and the fact that Alexa was able to layer Babe's actions with an organic realism and still uphold Babe's outrageous actions without making her campy or one-dimensional is a true testament to her skill and technique as an actress. Alexa could play this role with her eyes closed. The same simply cannot be said for Baker.

• Members

Julie Hanan Caruthers should be FIRED for her statement of a longterm return of Dixie is not in their plans. Shows she is out of touch with AMC and its fans. Cady McClain is most definitely a reason for AMC being better and improving in the ratings. Cady would be stupid to go to GL, it's a sinking ship and I doubt they could even afford her.

• Members

You're thinking kind of small aren't you? A goat or a horse? What makes you think the pics include another mammal? I'm thinking kimono dragon or a cobra.

I guarantee that if you go into Frons' office and look on the wall you will see he has proudly displayed the gold medals he has won in the World Douchebag Olympics.

• Members

IMO JHC is nothing more than a figure head i don't think she has of lick of power once so ever and if ratings don't go up under CP she will be the one taking fall not Frons buddy

The fact that Alexa worked with great actors like Eden and Jeffery Carlson helped her bigtime.

Amanda's scenes with Eden during Chirstmas brought out the best in here.

• Members

I'm one of those viewers who thinks that Greg should ditch Seattle and come home to Pine Valley where he belongs. In just those few episodes, Greg fell back into the mix quite nicely. His brother-in-law is still there and his two best friends are back front and center, so Greg certainly has a place in PV.

• Members

Getting back to Babe briefly...

Babe, written as she was, had a sense of entitlement like no other. Why shouldn't she be forgiven for keeping Bianca's child from her? She felt bad, after all. Why shouldn't Simone be nice to her? She's Babe Chandler! Everything was very "give me what I want or I'll cry."

That being said... I like Alexa Havins. She's a sparkling actress, and tried her best to make the role work. In my opinion, what killed Babe for me was when they tried to elevate her from lovable comic relief to a suffering, tragic heroine. Same goes for Krystal. Babe should have remained an empty, smiley bimbo.

Amanda Baker is just inconsequential.

Archived