ATWT Week of May 12 discussion

• Members

It's weird, but I like nuChris and nuAli more than I like originalAaron. Of all the people they could have brought back, Aaron seems pointless with Agim playing him.

I think this plot point suffers from....well, being such a plot point. Holden needs a reason to be mad at Lily, so there's a fairly innocuous "lie" to "manipulate" him into bed. No personal responsibility from him, regarding his actions, just blaming Carly and Lily and whining about "fate" vs. "manipulation".

At least when they played out this EXACT story with Carjack, (in Montana) you understood why Jack felt manipulated.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Two words...TOTAL and SUCKAGE describe today's show.

Save yourself forty minutes....I'll recap. Katie throws a temper tantrum when Brad fails to inform her Janet returns to town. Pisses and moans that Janet is not a good role model, implying that Libby is way better off with her dad (and by extension, Her Blonde Highness) now. Brad curdles her milk by implying that a daughter needs her mother. He then returns to his normal position---kissing Katie's ass. Poor Brad--dealing with two teen twits.

Paul/Meg/Mike/Sophie/Babs.....Babs tells Sophester Paul loves Meg. Sophester protests. Stupid Plot Device has Meg calling Paul when some random dayplayer's kitchen gets flooded due to construction. Paul charms the pants off 60-ish neighbor lady and sends her home with one of Emma's rhubarb pies. Mike interrupts, assuming Paul has violated The Restraining Order. Meg stands up to Mike, but gives Paul the cold shoulder. Mike acts like a possessive husband asking questions like "what is HE doing here?" and "what's going on?" Paul, stoically crushed, ends up giving Sophester another glimmer of hope that his relationship with Meg is done.

Tomorrow's previews....Ali passes her exam, Lily wants her marriage back, Carly wants things to "get back to normal"with Holden, and Sage, Nat and Faith seem to quote from "The Wizard of Oz" as Holden and Carly look confused.

• Members

Today was horrible! Talk about bad writing. The whole "my kitchen is flooded" fiasco was ridiculous. And as if you would say to Paul, "your famous, I see you arrested every week in the paper?" Please....talk about pathetic. I really hate that whole storyline. And I see by the previews Holden doesn' t stay angry at Carly for long.

• Members

Well...the part that didn't suck was watching Katie and lmao as she realized Brad was 1) an independent human being and 2) inclined to give Janet a chance. Unlike Katie, who knows a bitch in sheeps' clothing when she sees one. :D

• Members

Today was like Vet-a-palooza! Susan, Margo, Tom, Lisa, Lucinda....all in one eppy!

The Carly/Kids/Holden stuff...all cute. Unfortunately, a little cute goes a long way. It doesn't make Holden less boring or sanctimonious. I like Beck as Lily too.

Loved Em's new little intern calling her a bitch. :D Sounds mean, but it's the truth.

I don't really get the deal with Ali. If some jealous student wasn't saying she got special treatment because of Chris, they'd just point to her mother the doctor and say the same thing.

• Members

I am enjoying her as well. I am impressed.

LOL...Yup...we got some Vets didnt we?? :D

I also loved Em being called a bitch...LOL.

Chris is so yummy. :)

The whole Holden reasoning for not wanting Lily is absurd! It makes zero sense.

• Members

If he had stopped at "I gave you time, when you needed time..." I would have totally understood. The BS where "last night wasn't real..." is total bullshit. From the way he waxed poetic the morning after...it sure WAS real. He didn't bother to talk before the last reconciliation after Dusty's death. He was filing for divorce, and the only thing that stopped him was deciding to cover for Lily.

Apparently, the only thing that's really changed is Holden's suddenly looking at Carly. Boy, Carly must just ooze sex appeal, 'cause all it takes for any joker to think he's got a shot is one too many moments of looking into those baby blues.

• Members

Nice seeing so many vets today :) As for NuLily I am really starting to feel her also, she is not bad at all, still not as good as MB, but she has staying power, and can hold her own IMO.

Previews look somewhat interesting, plus some of the spoilers sound good.

• Members

I haven't been this pleasantly surprised since Mary Beth Evans was cast as Sierra.

LOL....WG, you're just hoping

Guess Em's resolve doesn't last long. And I don't even want to guess what they were doing...it almost looked like Em's head was in Casey's lap. :lol:

• Members

LOL!

Yup, sure looks like it does not take Emily to long to go after what she really wants, LOL. I still say this story might work if it were not so darn rushed, just hope they keep on having the Hughes and Stewart family's involved in the storyline.

• Members

I am finally, FINALLY caught up on ATWT. Hurray!

I am enjoying the Brad/Katie/Janet story, mainly because Julie Pinson is a hoot in the role, and I am loving watching Brad try to figure out how to be a dad and a husband. Liberty appears to be a chip off the old block of both of them, and I'm curious as to where they're going to take this. I hope they keep Brad and Katie together, because it'll make for a more interesting story.

Janet reminds me a lot of a less-evil Gwen's mom (whatever her name was).

Chris and Ali remain boring, and Aaron is being wasted. Although it amuses me that Chris has gone from wearing the lab coat all the time (HE'S A DOCTOR, ALL OFFICIAL) to slinging a stethoscope over his manly shoulders while wearing a tight button-down and jeans.

Luke and Noah...zzzz. Are they still on the show? At least Luke's no longer acting like a horny rentboy all the time. That's progress, I guess.

I let go of Casey/Maddie very reluctantly, but it can't just be my bias that is completely annoyed that Casey is now suddenly over 21 and sleeping with his brother's mother. I like nuCasey, but no. This is not working for me.

They need more age-appropriate women for the legacy sons they have roaming around: Casey, Chris, Aaron -- and yet there's only Ali on the girls side. (Sophie is now in Paul's story, and she's a drip.)

I find myself surprisingly enjoying the Carly/Jack/Holden/Lily possibilities. Especially because the Snyder men are SO judgmental, and they are both going to fall SO hard.

Archived