ATWT Week of May 12 discussion

• Members

So Monday's show atleast to me was extremely boring, I can't even really tell anyone what happened during the Katie/Brad/Liberty/Janet scenes, as I got so bored that I stopped paying attention, lol. As much as I loved the Luke and Noah scenes with Noah finally getting a clue that he was hurting Luke with his actions and words, I still found it boring because the story is pretty much non existent outside of them fighting and making up, the story itself seems to have gotten lost somewhere. And I know there was some Chris and Ali scenes, but again I lost track of what was going on there. It was nice seeing Lucinda and Kim though.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kind of a WTF kind of episode.

I know it's useless to ask this, but is Oakdale Now a taped show, or is it live? It's clearly a LIVE show when Mikey poo shows up and accuses Katie of writing her idiotic "meet me now" the morning after her wedding, which was another LIVE event. But today, doing a cooking segment, the camera man clearly "stopped tape" after getting a close up of JuicyJanet's boobies (or something...). Then Katie "understands" that the segment had to keep taping to save moola? *eyeroll* Yes...because OBVIOUSLY, some whack job interrupting wouldn't look IDIOTIC on a local show. Forget the fact that some two-bit "hosts" wouldn't be doing their OWN cooking on a cooking segment. *double eyeroll*

But hey...as long as Kimmy can pat Katie's hand and praise her bottomless well of compassion toward Brad's sudden babygirl....then I guess we just have to endure it. :triple-decker with sprinkles eyeroll:

While I'm at it...TIIC blew the perfect excuse for Janet not notifying Brad he was a father---his jail time for his father's hit and run. But of course, TIIC don't like to remind us of Brad's true history...not when he's mysteriously de-aged and suddenly a doofus instead of the manipulative jerk who blackmailed Carly into marriage and exposed his Parker's true paternity.

As for the rest of the show....GOOD GOD, could Luke quit acting like a bitchy teenage version of his mother? Did he REALLY spit out some Ode to Truth, when he's complicit in engineering a greencard marriage? Whatevah.

Chris/Ali...didn't this nurse's course start like TWO weeks ago? How on earth could Ali be on the verge of "danger", which I assume means being kicked out, already?

Liked Parker, who is suddenly counseling respect of one's parental units. I think it's a head-snapping 90 flip (as opposed to a 180 degree somersault...) but I'm helpless in my adoration of the kid. And it really warms my heart to hear him being the level-headed kid I want him to be.

Tomorrow looks better. I was totally in awe of KMH kick-stepping in the streets of NYC. Back to Carjack. :D

• Members

I take it all back...Casey and Emily doin' it up against a window is just gross. The NY stuff was cute, if I totally shut off my brain wondering why NY was in bright sunshine and Oakdale was getting ready for bed in near total darkness.

The Lilden/Carjack stuff....sigh. Kind of bogus. Carjack gets five minutes of niceties per month, and instead of building on it, it's thrown out the door to facillitate Lilden's drama. :eyeroll: Holden, bless him, looked like he was fine with "it" as he swooped in for rounds two and three.

I guess it's time to renew praying for deliverance from the Evil Pissy One.

• Members

Emiloon and Casey was ewwwwwww. That's your son's older brother. She slept with the Dad...ewwwwwww. The CarJack stuff was fun. Jack thought it was all about him when Carly asked him to stay....LOL. I didnt know Jack was that smart to figure out what was going on. He didnt hear enough to know what was going on...LOL.

• Members

I like Casey and Emily, but that was way to quick, JP sucks. I liked the Holden and Lily love scenes, even though I don't think Holden and Lily would ever do it on the table? Seems like NuLily equals new way the character is portrayed :rolleyes:. Carly and Jack was ok, though this is just getting old already, just put the back together already.

Bright side, there was no Liberty, Janet, Katie, Brad.

• Members

Wow, this stuff with Holden/Lily/Carjack is so unimaginative its not even funny. I'm sorry but tell me why its wrong to try and get some alone time with your HUSBAND for a romantic dinner and maybe some lovin afterwards? And again why is it a problem to ask your best friend to take the kids for you? And why Jack was coming down on Carly for helping her friend? This has LAME written all over it. You ask any man if he would have a problem being treated to a romantic dinner and seduction from the wife and I don't think you'd hear any complain. If this is the best they can come up with for Jack to be angry at Carly and to cause problems for Lily and Holden then that is just sad. Really bad writing in my opinion.

And Casey/Emily? Way to rushed. There was some great sexual tension happening but it should've been played out over months of looks and inuendos. Emily struggling with the fact that Casey is her son's half brother. And Casey struggling with the fact that she slept with his dad. But no, instead of what could've been a great story of wanting and trying to not go there, they rush it in a few weeks and that's why most people are going ewww. No build up. But what a shock. This writing is just horrid. Can't wait for tomorrow with Holden and Jack playing the blame game with Lily and Carly. How dare Lily want to seduce her own husband and how dare Carly help out a friend. Man those women just can't win.

• Members

LOL...great post petunia. I agree. Really Jack no say in what Carly does now. He still acts if though he is married to Carly. Carly can do whatever she wants to do. I can see Holden making a big deal out of nothing. I still find funny that Jack thought Carly wanted him over to seduce him. :lol: When she was just using him to help out Lily. :D

I can just imagine how furious Margo will be when this hits the fan. :lol: And what will Tom say?? Emily is the Brooke of the B&B. :lol:

• Members

That is so true about Emily. She is turning into Brook...lol. And I too loved Jack thinking it was all about him as usual. The look on his face was priceless when he realized Carly was only trying to keep him there so Holden and Lily could get their groove on :D I can't believe Holden's going to pissed about this. I think they were gettin their groove on 2 or 3 times :D .....and he's PISSED. Not your typical man our Holden. ;)

• Members

I noticed today that Carly didnt want him around but had to keep him there for Lily's sake. It looks like Carly wants nothing to do with Jack anymore. Isnt it funny that it is Jack who still wants Carly so bad he can taste it. That he is hoping she changes for the zillionth time so he can boink her. :lol:

• Members
:lol: Yeppers, and I have to admit I'm loving watching Jack pine for Carly even though he will never admit it. And Jack would go bonkers if Carly actually changed. I think he loves her for all her quirks and plotting and scheming. He just can't admit it. She gives him adventure otherwise he is very boring. But I think our girl Carly is finally getting over dear Jack. She still loves him that's obvious but she's getting on with her life and I think she's tired of having to change all the time for him as well. It'll be interesting to see how Holden reacts to Carly's part in this "scheme". If he blames her as well or thinks she was sucked into Lilys "big plan"... :lol:

Archived