GL: May Discussion

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The scenes today look pretty good with Kim Zimmer as she's always terrific. But, I don't care for Jeffrey O'Neil, so it's hard for me to care if he lives or dies. Frankly, I just wish that he would die. He's a useless character and always has been. I did like Richard Winslow back in the day played by Bradley Cole, but ever since he came back to GL to play Jeffrey O'Neil, Ellen Weston had no clue what to do with him and David Kreizman did something weird. Weird as in I don't know how to describe it kind of weird.

• Members

IA, Noel. Jeffrey is a useless, ill-defined character and I have no use for him at all. If they wanted Rafe to shoot someone, they should have chosen someone we care about (although there aren't too many left in SF). And what's with Mallet being so concerned about Jeffrey? Didn't they just have a professional relationship? He should have been at Cedars when his old buddy Gus was dying.

It was great seeing Reva today. She looked fabulous, IMO. But I'm wondering why they haven't mentioned the "other man" since Josh caught him hookin with another guy. That one was starting to be kinda-sorta interesting.

And I'm finding this whole corporate intrigue story with Dinah/Bill/Lizzie to be laughable. Where's Vanessa? Isn't she a stockholder? What about Alex? We haven't seen her since Dinah took over the mansion. Is she supposedly in Europe this whole time?

I do think the sound/lighting appear to be getting better.

BTW, the last issue of SOW had a "Backstage turmoil at GL" article. It was an interesting read - it appears that we (the fans) aren't the only ones unhappy with the state of the show. ALOT of the actors are apparently unhappy as well, including KZ. One source they quoted said that they are "way over budget" (how's that possible??), they have "unshootable sets" (that's the truth - the Cross Creek they started with was horrible), "no costume budget and a slew of unhappy actors. It's a mess in Peapack and ratings are worse than ever". Hmmmm.

• Members

Oy...ain't that the truth. Bill and Dinah taking over Spaulding as payback for years of mistreatment just doesn't ring true.

I wish Vanessa was on more...I don't think she owns stock in Spaulding anymore. There was a point that Cyrus and Dinah cleaned her out (but I don't know if Vanessa knows Dinah was in on it...the blame kind of shifted to Matt for making bad business decisions behind Vanessa's back.

• Members

Friday's episode was a joke. Laughable. Pathetic.

The "meeting" in the park to announce Bill as CEO of Lewis-Spaulding was horrible. 8 chairs? That's it? For a "powerful" company like Lewis-Spaulding???? And Dinah was again setting the chairs up? WHAT?!??! My sister and I were laughing at that scene. They couldn't pay MK/Vanessa or Billy to be there?

Cyrus confronting Buzz = Who Cares. Cyrus needs to leave. Right NOW.

Ava's annoying. No one cares about her. NO ONE. She can leave with Cyrus. How does such an unpopular character as Ava continue to eat up so much screen time. Ugh.

And there's no reason to tune in on Monday. EW has done away with any cliffhangers. :angry: Why they continue to let her run this show into the ground is beyond me.

• Members

I actually liked the sets over at Spaulding Enterprises. I thought it looked pretty good. But Josh and Cassie's lovie dovie cookie scenes yesterday before Reva called them to tell them about Jeffrey made me want to puke. And this is shortly after Cassie cheated on Josh with Cyrus.

The cheesy sets belong to Cedars Hospital and the Police Station is looking somewhat cheesy.

• Members

When did Mallet turn into a complete jerk? I can give him a pass on accusing Dinah of ruining Frank's reputation. But I sincerely don't get how she's responsible for Gus/Rafe/Jeffrey.

I really don't get ruining Bill/Lizzie either. The one half-way decent and interesting couple, and they tanked it.

• Members

Again with Dinah setting up chairs? Were they in a dead field this time?

I laughed the first time I saw Dinah, the most powerful woman in Springfield, setting up chairs in the field a few weeks ago. Two times over it's not so funny.

I wonder what Gina T thinks of all this. :huh:

Archived