GL: May Discussion

• Members

I don't think the Spaulding takeover story makes a bit of sense. Dinah manages to impersonate Phillip by texting everyone (although I thought they implied that Alan was actually speaking to Phil by phone) to avenge Ross' death...because Alan's lies are to blame for Ross' airplane trip?

Then, she manages to get Alan thrown out of his house, buys it AND tons of Spaulding stock, and wants to merge it with LEWIS so she can run it with Bill? I wasn't aware Bill was running Lewis.

AND somehow, Bill's using Lizzie's pillowtalk is some huge betrayal??? WTF???

The only thing I like is that Dinah and Bill are getting plenty of airtime together and being referred to as the new Alan and Alex of Springfield.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^^ I agree with alot of what you said, P.J. This story is sloppy writing at it's worst. Like a lot of EW/DK's story ideas, they look better in the spoilers than they play out on-screen. This story COULD have had tons of potential - even with keeping Dinah as the foil to the Spaulding clan.

Firstly, they should have involved Vanessa more in this story. She is (or used to be) a member of the Spaulding board. Why not write some back story of Henry's final days, wherein it was revealed that Alan and/or Alex stripped Henry of any rights to Spaulding stock that ultimately lead to his dying penniless and down-trodden. Dinah hears this until-now covered up destruction of her beloved grandfather by the Spauldings, thus plotting her revenge. That would have been more plausible than this "faking to be Philip" crap. Did this story kick off with the scab writers? Perhaps they were trying to tie-up some of the non-sensical "Philip stalking everyone in Springfield" story that DK started? Who knows.

Secondly, why are we seeing this only affecting Alan? Where's Alex? They should be letting us see the FAMILY'S (Spauldings) reaction to what Dinah and Bill have done. I remember last year or so, there was an ITL that had Alex waitressing at Company. It was hilarious! Why can't they show them having to work now that their fortune is gone?

Like most stories that spew out of DK's poison pen, this one sucks! I love seeing so much of Gina Tognoni though.....

• Members

You have to suspend too much belief when watching GL. I still don't get the whole Lizzzie/Sarah/Jonathan storyline and why they were so afraid of Alan. The worse he would have done is kidnapped sarah and taken her back to the mansion and then they could have called the police, got Sarah back and Alan would have been in prison. It's not like he was going to run away with Sarah because there was no way he was going to leave his mansion and his company.

And where did Dinah get the money to buy the mansioin and buy up all of those shares of Spaulding stock when she couldn't even afford to pay for her medical biils a few months ago?

• Members

Honestly, the only reason to watch GL is to see the actors, like KZ, GT, RR, JD, among others. If it didn't have such a solid cast, it would have been long cancelled.

• Members

Coop and BLAKE?!?

Woah. Woah. Woah. Woah. Hold on a second. Coop and BLAKE?!?

Geez. I told you to run away from the show as quickly as possible Liz Keifer. Now look what you're reduced to: panting after a twentysomething piece of ply wood and playing foil for a stupid teen couple.

Oh well. Maybe you could ask Zimmer what it's like to act alongside vegetation. She should know.

• Members

Bill and Lizzie are so entertaining, but this constant ping pong game of a storyline needs to stop. How many times is Lizzie going to get mad at Bill and leave him? How many times is Bill going to be pushed into Ava's arms(or bed)? Hopefully Bill meant what he said when he stated that he didn't want to see Ava until the baby is born, cause that means never.

• Members

After watching again yesterday, I'm still thinking what's up with these random meetings between characters seemingly in the middle of nowhere?!?! How did Coop find Ashlee sitting at the picnic bench in the woods? It makes no sense. And wasn't Daisy supposed to be the "cash girl" or whatever for the Gus thing (another thing I didn't understand. What was this charity event for, anyway) - and she's wandering around town getting drunk with Ashlee.

Harley I don't recognize any longer. She's really getting on my nerves and Cyrus just makes my skin crawl. Marina and Mallet making out in Natalia's room? WTF? Ugh.

It's obvious from watching this show that the characters have absolutely no direction or motivation for anything they do. The pacing is horrible. I'm very close to replacing GL with Y&R on the 'ol DVR.

• Members

god damn, how does this show stay in this rut?

I LOVE the cast for the most part, the actors are great, they carry this [!@#$%^&*], but honestly.... There's zero production value, no vision and no direction.

EW and DK have to go, stat.

• Members

I have some questions about today's show:

1. What was that yellow house that Bill and Lizzie were in with Roxy? From the outside it looks like a run down house, but on the inside it looks like a large office building. Was it supposed to be an animal hospital?

2. We saw several shots of Remy in black shorts when he was "streaking". Why was everyone saying he was naked?

3. What kind of speech was Mallet making to 8 people in fold up chairs in the middle of a field? And why was Dinah, owner of all Springfield setting the chairs up?

• Members

Good questions, Dale. I don't think anyone here could answer them, though. I have posted here before (and others have too) about the non-sensical "location" shots that EW puts on the air. Mallet giving a speech in the middle of nowhere was idiotic enough, but you make a good point with Dinah. She's now probably the most powerful, rich woman in Springfield. And she's setting up chairs???? You would think that someone, somewhere at GL would vet something like this out before filming. One of the producers (really EW) should have said "Wait a minute, Dinah should not be doing this..."

IA ian, it doesn't appear that TIIC at GL aren't even ATTEMPTING to put together a show with quality. I read somewhere over a year ago that DK was "bragging" about he doesn't have to submit long-term story projections any longer. :angry: And that's certainly coming across on-screen.

<SIGH>

• Members

Greg, GL breaks my heart! I have really become used to the new production model. A lot of it is a breath of fresh air. But I don't get the disjointed writing. It really seems like they write it 5 minutes before taping it. There does not seem to be any long term vision or heart and soul. What you said about Krapsman's brag seems sadly true.....

• Members

Sigh...

Last night episode of "The Simpsons" entitled Mona Leaves-a had more depth, warmth, nuance, and humor than this show could ever produce lately. Seriously, there is no direction with this show. Everybody is jumping in bed with one another for the sake of DRAMA. Time to turn off the light people, its had a good run, so why allow it to be tortured like this. As Nelly Furtado says, All Good Things Come To An End....

Archived