GL: May Discussion

• Members

Since weekly threads arent really happening for GL, let's try a monthly one.

Although strictly speaking it's not May yet, did anyone notice in the April 30th episode that some of the sets look like they've been added to? Company now has a huge window along one wall (which looks pretty realistic) and seems bigger, while Cross Creek now has a kitchen/living room that's not a production office (although if, as I suspect, it's a real home they're using, I cant imagine that being too feasible in the long run).

Just wondering, has it been night time yet in Springfield since this new format debuted?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't noticed night time in Springfield since the new format started.

I actually caught yesterday's show. It wasn't half bad. A couple things caught my interest - the apparent Ashlee/Coop/BLAKE triangle that they're starting. It's good to see EK getting something else to do other than be some inane plot point. But then again, this story is just starting out so I'll have to withhold judgement on that one. Whatever happened to her crush/lust/love/whatever for Mallet anyway? Yesterday, Blake was coming off as some horned up housewife after Coop. And John Driscoll looks really good with this new format! I just noticed yesterday how good-looking he is.

I liked seeing Reva as well. It may be interesting with her, Jeffrey and Olivia sharing a house while Olivia recuperates from her surgery. I always liked the Reva/Olivia fued. They have some great chemistry together.

I really don't like what they are doing with Mallet and Marina. He was inolved with her aunt, for crist sakes! That pairing is horrible.

The sound seemed a little better yesterday, but the lighting is still unflattering to anyone over 30, IMO. And it's especially harsh on the middle-aged actors/actresses.

• Members

Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen night in Springfield either!

So far, the new format has had its drawbacks, but it's not bad once you get used to it. My biggest beef with the show is David Kreizman's sudden inability to pair characters together and stick with long-lasting relationships. Sounds like that's what drove RPG away from Springfield and what may be leading BE to take a hike here soon.

And Greg, you're not alone. I much preferred Marina with Cyrus. Hell, I preferred her with Shayne when Aubrey played her. NOT Mallet. Yuck.

• Members

Count me among the CAshlee fans. But ya know what, I think I would enjoy Coop having a fling with Blake. After all, it's a soap and every couple has to go through these things. But let's keep in mind that this is DK's GL. Like sungrey said, he seems to like splitting couples apart and they never get back together - and it pisses me off!

How long is Hawk around for anyway? Whenever I see him, I always think of Henry as well. I absolutely loved Henry. He just came across as very distinguished, well off gentleman. His relationship with Vanessa was one of the great things about the 80s/90s.

What's going on with ho Cassie/Josh/Harley/Cyrus? The last time I watched, Cyrus and Cassie were gettin it on in the barn. Has anyone found out? I hope that when Harley finds out, she kicks the sorry ass aussie to the curb.

• Members

I'm just for anything that gets Blake back on my screen.

Henry/H.B.....floved and miss them still.

I can't swear to it, but I think Josh has hired Harley to spy on Cassie, 'cause he doesn't quite believe her ONS story. I wasn't paying attention, but Cyrus/Harley are on the rocks due to her lingering feelings for Gus, and the fact he was helping Daisy break the law making fake IDs. I thought she had kicked him out, but I can't swear to it.

• Members

Josh has hired Harley to spy on Cassie. Harley did tell Cyrus to move out last week, but she screwed him like a dog in heat a few days ago anyway. Once a pathetic slut with no self-esteem who can't make up her mind, always a pathetic slut with no self-esteem who can't make up her mind, I guess.

ITA. I honestly don't understand the point of this mess at all. Cyrus and Marina were terrific together. Cyrus & Harley and Mallet & Marina are both boring-as-hell and repulsively disgusting all at the same time. Cyrus & Cassie while not quite as nausteating haven't got much of anything on either.

If they're dead set against putting Mallet back with Dinah, why not flirt with Mallet & Cassie as her marriage is falling apart like his did? But this whole Dinah/Mallet/Marina/Cyrus/Harley/Cassie/Josh septangle thingy is absolutely insane and not in an entertaining or even amusingly kinky way. It's just god-awful and senseless in every way and not one of the pairings that they've tried since fouling things up have worked in any way, shape, or form. Why couldn't they just stick with what was working?

I guess I'll never understand WTH they even bothered to show Cyrus evolving from a callous, revenge-obsessed thief who blackmailed Dinah into stealing from her own mother into a man who was willing to readily give his own life to save Marina's because he loved her so much if all they were gonna do in the end is have him cheat on her and then shack up with her own slutty basketcase of an aunt, then have him cheat on the aunt with her trampy supposed best friend and commit petty crimes with Daisy. WTH was the point of it all? I'd really like to know.

• Members

OMG. I'm at work trying not to laugh so hard right now, Rose! ICAM. What's up with Cyrus? I don't think they have any idea what to do with him. He was a complete ass when he showed up in Springfield, then a romantic lead for Marina and now I'd say he's just a horned up bachelor screwing everything that crosses his path. Literally. It pisses me off that I bought into the "bad guy trying to do right" story when he was with Marina. TIIC gave them what - maybe 2 weeks of happiness?

Anyway.....just send his ass back to the outback already. Or pair him back up with Marina so she doesn't end up screwing her "ex"-Uncle. ugh.

• Members

I don't mind it personally. It's interesting to see actors looking "real". In fact some of them, including the over 30's look better to me. Now, some of the over 50's maybe not so much, but I still don't think they look awful. They just look their age, which is ok with me.

Yeah, I don't really care for the way Blake is lusting after Coop. Although I like Coop and Ashley, I'd be more interested in Coop having an affair with Blake if he were the one seducing her.

• Members

It might be interesting having Cyrus investigate the "other man" for Josh instead of Harley. It puts a nice spin on things.

Still, the whole premise for the storyline is screwed up because most of these characters would have never behaved in the way they were written to kick it off. Cassie is still infinitely more interesting as "Crazy Cassie" than "Ho Cassie" IMO.

I enjoyed Friday's episode with Reva/Josh/Jolene. I think they should make Jolene get so lost in her role as Reva that she starts believing she IS Reva. Takes her identity, tries to seduce all of Reva's men - all that stuff. That could be something worth watching.

• Members

I am OK with the new production model for the most part. There are things that bug me - why do so many people seem to run into each other randomly in open fields in the middle of nowhere? And since when was the President's Office at Spaulding a broom closet? How totally and completely embarrassing for the show.

It's the stories, or lack of them that bother me most. Has Guiding Light officially given up traditional narrative storytelling? Is this the way they want to be? I wish I knew for sure. If I knew that what I am seeing on screen is what Ellen and Dave intend for me to see, then my decision to stop watching would be much easier.

• Members

The random encounters with people in the middle of nowhere bother me as well. Are we really to believe that Bill and Lizzie would encounter a Spaulding share holder walking down a road? And I was wondering, where is the office building that houses Spaulding Enterprises? There appeared to be a small 2 story building in the background, but are we really to believe that a powerful company like Spaulding Enterprises is headquartered there?? And how do Dinah and Alan cross paths on a baseball field before going to the meeting? It was laughable.

ICAM with the storytelling. It's horrible.

• Members

Is it just me or have they realized you don't have to shoot the actors so damn close? Yesterday's episode seemed like the cameras were steadier and shooting from a distance. It was like the traditional scenes with minicams, for the most part.

Although I think the world of Gina Tognoni, this story with her taking over everything Spaulding-related is bordering on comical.

Archived