GL: May Discussion

• Members

I'm a lifelong fan of GL, and it's so tragic what has happened to the show. Like others, I am used to this new production model. But there is no longer any writing per se. There's a few random scenes thrown in between the musical montages that are uninteresting. The problem with the show is the WRITING. There isn't any.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SO question.

Have they done ANYTHING to recognize the passing of Beverlee McKinsey?

Not that I thought that they would, but I would have at least braved an episode of this show if there was that small payback at the end.

Hint Hint Ellen. See what actually respecting this show's history will do for you?

• Members

TPTB need to do something to honor Beverlee. She was the heart and soul of this show for 8 years.

I tuned in yesterday and thought it was one of the better episodes. I enjoyed seeing Harley, Blake and Cassie hang out together again. How long has it been since GL did a scene like that?

I'm finding the "Reva's Movie" SL pretty interesting. I actually want to see how that one plays out.

But what really pissed me off was the end of the show with Josh and Cassie. Josh was ready to kick that guy's butt for sleeping with his wife and then he just changes his mind, buys her some pearl earrings and goes home to make up with her? UGH! GMAFB people! Why is it that EVERY other couple on this show has broken up over adultery, but EW's "super couple" of CASH is immune to that? They have been through this twice already - once with Josh and now this with Cassie. And both times they worked things out. Gus' hookup with Natalia is what finally ended his marriage to Harley, and they were a couple that fans actually LIKED together. I don't understand why EW/DK break up the fan faves (Reva/Josh, Dinah/Mallet, Harley/Gus, Cyrus/Marina, et al) and keep together the coupling that most people hate! WTF Wheeler? I can't WAIT until Harley and Josh find out it was Cyrus that did the deed with Cassie.

And I LOVED the scene with Reva and Cassie talking about the movie. Reva: "I just read a really nice part in the script". Cassie: "(sarcastic) Oh where you walk on water and blah blah blah??" Reva: "No, the part where I met my sister"...and Reva walked off. :) Gawd, I can't stand Cassie.

• Members

As much as I loved GL I have finally decided to throw in the towel. GL was an important part of my life growing up and on into adulthood. This no longer the case anymore. EW & DK has done more destruction to this show than I care to even discuss. Barbara Bloom can talk all she wants that the new GL is a work in progress. It's a trainwreck!!!! I'm ready for GL's swan song soon cause it's too heartbreaking to watch stars leaving left and right only to hear they left for shows I don't watch. Thank goodness I have ATWT & OLTL to get my soap fix. But I have a sinking feeling that if GL gets cancelled, ATWT's Goutman and Pissy Pants will be replace with with EW & DK. They snapped EW's homely lookin self at ATWT for GL, I'm sure with cut costs they'll send her butt back to ATWT and she will bring DK right along with her. For ATWT fans everywhere I hope this doesn't happen.

• Members

Well, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I watched today with my sis, and it was fairly entertaining. I think that the lighting has definately improved since they launched the "new format", especially today's show.

I was VERY surprised the twist the Cassie/Josh/Harley/Cyrus story took today. Turns out the guy that Cyrus told Josh did the deed with Cassie is actually gay. I was surprised because DK never throws me for a loop, but on this one, my sister and I looked at each other like "WHAT?!?!?" Or maybe my standards have sunk so low that I consider this a pretty good twist in the story. With Cassie and Cyrus having a beer at the end of today's show, I wonder if they're gonna go at it again? I wish they would, then Josh would see that he has ended up with nothing but a pole dancing tramp.

I really can't stand Daisy, but that was another good twist today - having her suspended and hiding it from Harley. I enjoyed BE/Harley in those scenes, something I haven't been able to say in a long time.

And I HOPE that Reva marries Jeffrey before Josh and Cassie split. Even though he's a rapist, he somehow works with Reva IMO. Another day of no Lizzie/Bill, so the pacing on this show still sucks the big one.

All in all, not a bad show today. Not the best, but whatcha gonna do....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived