AMC: Sydney Penny news...

• Members

its about time. Julie has been a complete waste since she returned

I can. They havent been playing her up as being a mother to Kathy. When I see them together, it looks more like Julie is babysitting for a friend, and not caring for her daughter. She and Kathy dont seem to have that connection and she knows Tad is a good person and father who wants his daughter. I see her letting him have her, while still staying in Kathy's life

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a shame, but we all knew it was coming. It was just a matter of when they would decide to do the Kate reveal, and that time has come. They're not going to kill her off. She'll probably get a few episodes where she's very conflicted about giving up Kate, leading up to a teary scene where she decides to do the right thing and hand the girl over to Tad. She'll then decide to leave town, to join Maria or something, to start fresh. That's how I see it playing out.

• Members

Bit pissed off, not a Julia fan, but Kathy will lost ANOTHER parent? This is beyond ridiculous, that's 4 parents(counting Dixie, her adoptive parents, and Julia) in just a few years

Lazy writing that so many characters have to be sacrificed so Tad can be reunited with the daughter he doesn't give two shits about

• Members

I wouldnt say Julie is being sacrificed for Tad bc this was going to happen with or without him. She's been on the show for how long now and outside of her return, they have yet to do anything major with the character. Its obvious they had no direction for her and really had no interest in writing for her. She's been a waste of money especially since she wasnt being utilized. That had nothing to do with Tad

• Members

Seperating this girl from two sets of parents she loves (be it through death or leaving town), will they do it? Children are not purses despite AMC's weird laws on kidnapping, they have feelings. She loved the parents who adopted her. She loves Julia. Will they really have Julia say: "You can keep her since you're her daddy. I'm going to leave town." She's not a baby, she's like 6, right?

The only way you don't hurt this kid anymore, with the character leaving, is if the character takes the kid with her.

It'll be interesting to see what exactly they're going to do here.

• Members

Wasn't she brought back to be paired with Cam after Rebecca left? They fizzled pretty quickly, and the Jamie fling seemed very rushed. After that they never knew what do with her. During the sad last days of McTavish and the early Babs/Jimbo days, when they were literally throwing anything against the wall to see what sticks, they paired her in scenes and stories with David, Josh, Jack, and Tad. I guess nothing really clicked.

• Members

I kind of agree, but there's so many ways they could go about this. Maybe Tad and Julia share custody or something.

Knowing AMC Julia will either be torn down so they can justify Tad ripping Kathy from the one constant in her life since she lost her parents, or they'll kill her off, which will devestate Kathy.

• Members

And what Tad leaves the show one month out of the year to go "visit" Kate.... based on his drive to find this child for the past year and a half that gels pretty good LOL. He just now is all of the sudden "gotta find Kate".

• Members

Wasn't she brought back to be paired with Cam after Rebecca left? They fizzled pretty quickly, and the Jamie fling seemed very rushed. After that they never knew what do with her. During the sad last days of McTavish and the early Babs/Jimbo days, when they were literally throwing anything against the wall to see what sticks, they paired her in scenes and stories with David, Josh, Jack, and Tad. I guess nothing really clicked.

• Members

I even thought for a minute they were going to do an Adam/Julia route.... to tie in to this whole Kate storyline. Hell that might have been more interesting. Adam gets to raise one of Tad's children just like Tad raised J.R for all of those years. I tend to think eventually Adam will be "raising" Jenny and that will be the karma for Tad.

• Members

She came in with the dragon story - Zach, Di, Tad, Sam, Kendall.

They played with Ryan and Julia.

Then there was Jamie. Jamie and Amanda were so good together, but they gave him to Julia.

There was David and Julia.

There was also a short Jack and Julia dance. Ditto Tad and Julia.

Ryan/Julia was the missed opportunity here. I liked their chemistry, I don't understand why AMC didn't just do it. It would have worked, a nice chemistry + Kendall would have had an issue with Julia being Ryan's wife and her kids step-mother and it would have been snark all the time (and they did it well, Brooke/Erica-lite - there was a grudging respect under the meow).

Archived