• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Recently, I decided to start from scratch and begin at the very first episode and I'm going to continue on in order. Ive skipped around in the past but have yet to get to the end of season 5 (of course I've seen the actual Moldavian Massacre season finale and aftermath.)

I can't believe I first purchased Season One in 2005 when it came out! They sure take their time with the releases. I think they just released season 8. I've watched Season One three or four times at this point. I really do love it. I absolutely love Pamela Sue Martin as the main vixen of the series. It's a shame they tame her down. And her 80's hair is not flattering. I love her hair in the first season.

It's interesting watching Season Two now and seeing the slow transition from what they were in the 1st year to what they become by the 3rd season and beyond. I loved how the characters were so multi-dimensional. Steven was tormented and conflicted but never apologized for who he was and the feelings he had. Krystle was the middle-class outsider brought in to a world of opulence and extreme wealth. I loved how they played every beat of her uncertainly, in terms of how she should address the maids and cooks, what kinds of topics are discussed at dinner parties, what image they should maintain during hard financial times, and seeing just how ruthless Blake can actually be with business matters.

Eventually as I get towards the second half of season two, I expect Krystle will be completely integrated into high society and will no longer flinch. And I'm already seeing Steven giving goofy looks to Amanda Woodward. :)

Edited by Gray Bunny

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Yes he was there to the end with that lame fight as part of the finale cliffhanger....Dex and Alexis fall over the balcony at the hotel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK1f4KtCwzk

Apparently Alexis fell on him when hitting the floor and surprisingly the big push Adam made towards Dex didnt vault him over..hmmm...he must have some strong calfs...lol

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Yeah, Gray Bunny, but Mr. Thomson would not be there in the 1991 reunion movie. Adam had to be recast. Gordon Thomson had just joined Santa Barbara as the third (and final) Mason Capwell. From the interviews I read, he wanted very badly to be in the movie, but Spelling Productions didn't give him enough notice and SB couldn't spare him. He ended up suing Spelling Productions and demanding a public apology from Aaron Spelling. I don't know all the ins and outs, but I believe the lawsuit was eventually settled out of court.