Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've been re-rewatching Season 1 over the past few days and, once again, I am stunned at how marvelously it's constructed, how well everything fits together. I marvel at all the surprising character connections, the rich, well-developed arcs, the simple beauty of it all. Just gorgeous.

By comparison, I'm continuing my Season 5 journey for the first time and, my God, the show just finds new depths of hell to sink into in every turn. Dex and Daniel's putrid undercover missions are done but only to be followed by yet another homoerotic and utterly ridiculous--visually--fight between Blake and Daniel, during which they manage to knock out the pilot and get their plane to crash. Of all the ways to do a crash (including bad weather that the show mentioned just two minutes ago), this is what they do? I guess anything to give Krystle a reason to forgive Blake, following her annual Carrington mansion walk-out, right?

• Members

Thanks again!! Did ANYONE out there like Emma Samms as Fallon? I did read a "Where Are They Now?" interview in SOD with PSM from 1998 or so, and when shown a picture of Maxwell Caulfield, she was quoted as, "Oh, he's CUTE! Maybe I SHOULD have done the spinoff". LOL

Speaking of the character of Fallon, do you all think she really loved Jeff? Or did she just stick with him all that time to produce heirs to the Carrington and Colby fortunes? I'm talking specifically about when PSM was Fallon. Jeff was in love with her all along, despite everything, wasn't he?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wasnt PMS' Fallon portrayed to be hellbent on rebelling against her father at any cost (hence why she carried this affair with the limo driver?). If so i guessshe might have given Jeff the impression that she wasnt that into him just because she refused to admit that daddy knew best.

(I havent watched Dynasty in so long i am possibly making this up)

And this iscoming from someone who thought Emma samms defined the role of Fallon so take it for what its worth

• Members

Jeff loved Fallon and wanted to be with her from the very first second he appeared on the show.

Fallon didn't stay with Jeff, or even marry him, to produce heirs. She exchanged herself for Cecil's helping Blake with his financial problem but I do think she slowly grew to love him. I'm rewatching season 2 so I will get a more definite answer on that soon, in case memory doesn't serve me right.

It wasn't about rebelling. Quite the opposite -- she loved Blake so much she sold herself to Cecil Colby for a few million dollars.
She had the affair with Michael for the same reason she slept with every member of Blake's football team, among others: She was something of a hedonist. And he was hot, he was there, he wanted her, she was bored...
So, ultimately, Jeff got the impression that she wasn't that into him because Fallon really just didn't like him. She found him boring, pathetic, and told him clearly that she only married him for the deal she made with Cecil.
Oh, the time I can spend talking about Season 1 Fallon....

ohmy.png

• 1 month later...