Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Members

Not at all. David Paulsen came from Dallas and didn't even get to watch all of Dynasty and he created their best season in years. I think he said he watched the first two years plus the most recent season and as he tried to continue he had the same issues many viewers has. The problem with Dynasty is that the people in charge were too ego driven to care. They wrote those first two seasons, which were fabulous, but they were also the only reason the show became so bad. From the stilted acting that caused Leann Hunley (and others I'm sure) to leave, to the focus on glamour and absolutely ZERO focus on storylines.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was thinking mostly of the time after the Moldavian Massacre. If they should have gone on break.

So Leann quit? I was never sure if she left or was fired.

On the Jump the Shark board (I haven't been there in years) someone said producers ordered everyone to have minimal movement or emotion, and barely react to anything.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Years ago on the SoapChat.net forums, somebody posted a scan of a TV Guide interview where Leann Hunley confirmed the "static acting" mandate and said thats why she quit. I think David Paulsen would've done great things with Dana, as we saw in that one or two episodes she appeared in. Such a shame she left just as the show got good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Dear God... Amanda has known that insipid rat Michael for all of one episode. On the beginning of the second episode of the storyline, she wants nothing to do with him on the first scene she's shown and, by the second, Michael's professing his assurance in Amanda's love for him. By the end of the episode, Michael says he loves her too. Two episodes. Two.

And that is only a small part of the horrors of Season 5.

The same episode also features Steven proclaiming several times that he wants a "normal" lifestyle and that being gay will never fulfill him. Ah, bless.... :rolleyes:

Edited by YRBB

• Members

That is certainly true. They erratically threw stuff on the wall (i.e. story twists and turns) and hoped something would stick, logic be damned. At this point it's almost not entertaining anymore.

That's hilarious. Interesting also that this is right before the show started plummeting in the ratings (the quality decline happened years ago) and yet, despite its number 1 position, it sounds as if people weren't taking it that seriously and making funny/snarky remarks all along. Granted, this is a small sample but I just had to roll my eyes at the cheering every time Collins would change her outfit. I mean, if that's the highlight of the episode.... laugh.png

• Members

My favorite part was their hissing at Ali Macgraw even though they knew she wasn't a villain. And laughing at that awful Rita character. Poor Linda Evans...

Interesting that there was originally no plans to keep Amanda on beyond a year. I guess that helps explain why they had no idea what to do with her from that point. I wonder if they were going to kill her in the massacre.

The people who wrote in asking Dynasty to let Emma Samms keep her accent were right. Frankly, the people who wrote in were pretty much right about everything in that column.

• Members

I couldn't stand the Ali Macgraw character. And Linda Evans as Rita..oye...the show went downhill after the massacre...I mean what was left to do after that kind of a cliffhanger? The rest of the episodes and cliffhanger paled in comparisons. The series finale cliffhanger was just laughable with Dex, Alexis..falling over the balcony...LMAO...pure cheese.