• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm currently in S4, and I'm shocked at how much I'm enjoying Kirby now. I really couldn't stand her in the third season, but she's gotten much more assertive in regards to both Jeff and Adam, and her plans for her child, and I'm loving this spacey bitch! My Adam love, on the other hand, is waning. He's so sad and depressing all the time now, and quite obsessive over Kirby. I like him best when he's bouncing between Alexis and Blake.

Tracy Kendall, meanwhile...lol

Peter de Vilbis is a waste of time and space. Helmut Berger is painful to watch as he struggles through the simplest lines, and Jeff getting butthurt over Fallon getting a new man is annoying. Meanwhile, Mark Jennings is still hanging around desperately searching for relevance. All of his love interests have moved on lol

LexDex are clearly where it's at. Loving Dex's introduction so far and the back-and-forthing with him and Alexis.

• Members

Season 4 was Fallon and her race horse, right? It is amazing that the show survived such a bad season but frankly the show never returns to its former glory. I don't remember what Kirby's story was, something about swollen hands? And nothing about Blake and Krystal comes to mind and they were the supposed stars of the show.

• Members

Kirby's story is about her trying to cope with carrying Adam's baby after he raped her while unhappily married to Jeff, who can't make up his mind between Fallon and Kirby. Blake and Krystle remarry after reconciling following the revelation that they weren't legally married (Krystle was still married to Mark) and a strained relationship because of Blake's efforts to get custody of Danny from Steven.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

I came across this video on YT that compiles some of the character themes from the show. I needed to see this to be sure that I wasn't losing my mind when I realized certain pieces were used for certain characters. I'm pretty obsessed with the Kirby, Alexis, and La Mirage themes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHwJPhRJGP0

ETA: I just realized I posted about this very topic earlier in the thread and raved about the Alexis and La Mirage themes then! There's just something about that sweeping shot up Alexis's building with that music playing that just gets me hyped up.

Edited by All My Shadows

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I tried holding on, but I started skipping things in season 5 and 6 and then just gave up. I do plan on rewatching that fabulous final season though. My viewing of The Colbys went much better. That was a pretty good show, by Dynasty standards. I'd say seasons 1-2, 9 plus The Colbys are the only worthwhile seasons in the Dynasty universe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm currently fighting to get through Season 5.... My God, the show is SO bad. It hasn't had a semblance of storyline logic/good writing since Season 3 (and that's being very generous). There's only been scenes, sparsely, that were good. The only exception is Blake and Krystle's deteriorating marriage. It's the only story that's allowed a small amount of subtlety and to be shown rather than told. Other than that, Collins is literally the only thing worth watching (and she's given some crappy stuff to work with).

Edited by YRBB

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

After my long break, I've resumed my viewing with the middle of season 6. I'm currently in the first part of season 7 and this show is just unwatchable. I find it so hard to get through these episodes. You have a huge cast and NOTHING makes sense. I have no idea how they're getting from point A to point B. The acting sucks, the characterizations make no sense and there are plot holes galore. I know it at least had some fun campy moments and I need that to happen.

The Amanda recast is one of the worst in soap history. She looks old and is COMPLETELY different. Not only is she American, but her she comes off very hard and doesn't look believable as a rich heiress. She doesn't wear those clothes like they belong to her, she wears them like an uncomfortable man. Worst of all she cannot act AT ALL. That innocent wistfulness is gone. The only entertaining moment was them recreating the season 6 cliffhanger catfight with Karen Celleni.