Melrose Place

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I enjoyed this myself..though I found the hosts to be a bit annoying at times. Considering the limited setup to pull this off it was fun to watch. This group always seems to genuinely like each other which makes it more fun. Josie didn't look like she aged one bit. Seeing Heather participate was a great thing to see her doing better. Laura (Sydney) will always be my fave! Such a fun group. 

I could have watched them for hours!

• Members

I thought compared to the Alan Locher reunions, this one had such bad questions so we didn’t learn much. Still it was nice seeing everybody gonna, especially Heather who looked fantastic. I loved when Grant Show said people always ask how it was to work with her and he tells they she was one of the best and most professional people To work with and how nice it was to see her. I didn’t know if they’d address the elephant in the room but I’m glad they did. I hope that made Heather feel good. 

• Members

I love that everyone rallied around Heather. From Marcia to Grant to especially Andrew Shue, it's so great that this cast has genuine love, respect, and appreciation, as well as have fond recollections of their Melrose days. MP had the catfights onscreen, but unlike their sister show 90210, those didn't play out behind the scenes, thank goodness. 

Crazy to hear how that first season was filmed all year long. Also interesting hearing how Melrose was taped in a similar fashion to soap operas - multiple episodes being shot on the same day, little-to-no rehearsal time. It's quite amazing, and a wonderful treat for us fans, how MP had around 32-34 episodes per season for every year except for the final year, I think. And a couple of those episodes were 2-hours long, be it February sweeps or the May finale. 

It was great fun, and they said they'll be doing another Melrose reunion! Once they figure out how to have more than 5 people onscreen at a time, and perhaps additional castmembers. Yay! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just wanted to echo everyone's thoughts about how lovely it was to see the cast rally around Heather, and also how much genuine camaraderie there is among them all.

Melrose Place has always been one of my favourite shows, and it makes me so happy to see that the cast are such genuine people. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Season six is currently airing on Pluto TV's 90210 channel. I completely dropped the show when it originally aired but its much easier to digest as background noise

Kyle and Peter are the WORST They ruined Amanda chaining her to these low lifes. Jake could be an abusive ass but he benefited from a nicely detailed backstory and Grant Show always had charm and good chemistry with his leading ladies so you could buy them putting up with his crap. Kyle and Peter are just gross overbearing manipulative assholes. I don't care about Kyle being a vet, he's a perpetual loser and hot head for no real reason. Peter is just a complete sleaze and gross enabler. HATE them both

I'll post more thoughts later when the season finishes 

Edited by detroitpiston

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I just rewatched Melrose seasons 1-4.

Season 1 is a forgotten gem. I love how fresh and young it feels at the beginning and it's a bit more realistic how they portray the young characters trying to make it in L.A. I actually liked Sandy better before she lost her accent. It's funny how in the beginning Michael and Jane seem the most removed from the group. Billy/Allison are a totally rootable couple. The 90210 crossovers at the beginning are so painful. If they were going to talk about nothing but the Jake/Kelly age difference, they should have found a better way to spinoff.

Seasons 2-3 are clearly the golden age of the show. Anything with Michael/Jane/Kimberly/Sydney is just amazing. That has to be one of the legendary soap opera love quadrangles, because it's just so messy and amazing how these four people constantly cause each other such misery. The backstory with Allison being molested didn't feel like a retcon because it explained Allison's behavior. Any time Allison became a drunken mess was always fun.

There is an obvious huge drop off in quality between seasons 3 and 4. They just shouldn't have had Kimberly blow up the complex. It was such a Moldavian moment and it wasn't worth it. It sidetracks her in a mental hospital for half the season and puts her in Peter's orbit and out of Michael's. Jane gets in Richard's orbit and out of Michael's. So we lose the core of the show which should have always been Michael/Jane/Kimberly/Sydney and the terrible things they do to each other. And Jane becomes kind of a villain, which I know Josie Bissett wanted, but it just doesn't fit. Brooke lost her bite and just became whiny.

Should I go on and watch 5-7? I don't think I've ever seen them. I don't know if I want to continue. 4 was kind of boring.

• Members

Season 5 is sort of interesting because they attempted (very poorly) to ground the show, hence Samantha. Oh Sam.

Someone once described that season as "daytime soap slow with a break-neck speed" and it's hard to disagree with that comment.

Season 6 is just... bad. It's a huge mess.

Season 7 finally comes together and makes you wish they actually had an eigth season after praying it should all end in season 6. They cut down the cast, hire Peter Dunne from Knots Landing as a story supervisor and does an actual full season plot (which contradicts what we already know, but whatever, retcons on soaps are childs play).