Melrose Place

• Members

The final mention of Alison was, however, that she was still a drunk in Atlanta and that Amanda had tried helping her out as much as she could. That was in the final episodes of season six (or the first episodes of season seven), however.

And hey, Melrose Place got a call-out on Bob's Burgers last night! "We should've watched reruns of Melrose Place".

Edited by te.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Not that I remember. Poor Jennifer was a total Sydney clone though, even down to her being a stripper for three seconds.

Billy's last shot should've been outside Alison's house, knocking on her door. They wouldn't even have had to get CTS back, they could've just cut away before the door opened.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm watching the episodes in season 6 when Amanda was paralyzed and Kyle is having flashbacks of Christine. Shockingly, the show is suddenly more interesting and less boring. I've heard a lot of complaining over the years in regards to this Kyle story but, so far, it's been OK.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Have people talked about the unlikelyness of Brooke's death?

I mean she spent the season screaming "BILLEEE! BILLE?" and everyone cheered when she finally got killed off but her flying across the pool was a little silly?

What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITxiZqw2cjk

"Nobody's home. Nobody cares!"

BILLEEEEEE!

Edited by te.

• Members

Maybe its just me but I was sad when Brooke left.

Obviously the show had no interest in showing brooke as more than some spoiler to the "grand romance" that was Billy and Alison (eyeroll) but i think kristin davis (hope I got her name right) was one of the few strong actors the show ever had.

Too bad she was islanded and didnt get to interact more with other people on the show

• Members

I liked Brooke as well, but apart from Amanda, Alison and Billy I couldn't have pictured her in any storyline with any other main character.

The way she died was a bit illogical considering she fell into the pool from the right side, yet hit her head on the left side. Since Brooke wasn't that tall and the pool wasn't a tiny bassin (we saw that for example when Jane and Sydney fought over their grandma's wedding dress), it made no sense. It's not like Brooke could fly.

Edited by Huntress

• Members

Brooke was good in season 3, but they completely ruined her character in season 4.

And yeah, her being islanded even after she and Billy broke up was weird. It's like they didn't try and just made her move in with Alison.

• Members

I was just going to say the same thing. She was an awesome spoiler for Billy/Allison in season 3, but even within the first couple episodes of season 4, Billy seemed annoyed by her childish nature and her attachment to her father. He looked like he was ready to bounce, not even 2 months into their marriage.

They could've written her into a different storyline, the way they did for Lexi from season 6 to 7, but they made her so pathetic. It eventually became a lost cause.

• Members

Brooke could have gone after jake after billy dumped her and since he had a thing for playing hero to damsel in distress Brooke could have hired someone to pretend to be stalking her only for the creep to turn out to be a complete whackjob. JAKE would kill the guy and Brooke would help him to cover his track struggling with her guilt that her actions led Jake to do the unthinkable and take another man's life.

I think her storyline didnt have to end just because Billy had dumped her. I also think her mother's death could have been a short mystery that would have led her to break away from the daddy's girl she always was. Alison finding out that Hayley killed Brooke's mom would have been interesting.

• Members

The sad thing about season 4 is that the writers had SO much material to play with if they wanted to, but they never fulfilled that potential.

I know some people compare the bombing of the building to Dynasty's Moldavian Massacre, but I really don't think it had to dip in soapy goodness after that. Alison walking around in Hayley's mansion could've been played on more definitively.

• Members

I don't consider the bombing as the Moldavian Massacre, because I agree the potential was there in season 4. I think they went off the deep end when Kimberly conveniently woke up one morning with a split personality. I didn't care much for the insane asylum story with Priscilla Presley.