February 25-29, 2008

Toups

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days was ok last week, even though the funeral was good.

AMC deserves those ratings, and so does OLTL. Tomlin got back on his game this week, but last week seemed a bit boring.

I am pretty much about to give up on AMC. My viewership of it is hanging by a thread.

• Members

Yep I read that, Esensten's got a hard on for AT worse than Frons has for Cam :blink:

I read in that interview that when they first came on they said they "researched" the show( :lol: ) and that they saw Aidan(the character) was popular but he had NO storyline.

Uhm yeah there's a reason Aidan isn't a front burner character, AT can't act or speak(coherently) :P

• Members

The thing is I can believe the focus group research said Aidan was popular, but they only listened to the stuff about Aidan because it's what they already wanted to do, what Frons wanted, and what Aunty Esensten wanted.

And now they can say "well we just followed the research".

But if the research said people wanted to see more of the vets or wanted Dixie back (which I think is highly likely), they just ignore that part.

• Members

Exactly. It doesn't get rewarded for weeks where it should and the problem with that is TPTB may read this the wrong way and make stupid decisions based on the screwed up way the ratings are. I also doubt this has anything to do with Higley. Her name isn't in the credits so I doubt most people outside of communities like SON even know about her writing. It's just the screwed up way ratings are. It's undeserved but it was bound to happen after the burst of last week I guess. It's the way ratings work now sadly.

I never expected Days to crash like this. I was expecting maybe a 2.2 or 2.3. Now, they are just back to where they were going into sweeps, just like GH usually does with their sweeps. The one thing in Days' favor is they are still doing ok. They are still much better then a few months ago in HH and they are slowly gaining total viewers. It's like they gain a chunk and lose a chunk but they keep improving very slowly and that is what has to happen. Just the way Days lost ratings is how they have to gain it. I still think Days needs to stay the course because it's consistency that will bring fans back and if they have stuff like this going in summer it will have a bigger ratings impact. I know the show doesn't have time for gradual improvement but they can use the argument that they got to a 2.4 during sweeps and can try to prove to NBC that with more time they can get things going. They made a statement at least.

As for the other soaps, it's ugly for everyone. Some of those dailies...oy. It seems like everyone tuned out. I don't understand the high numbers for ATWT but I don't understand the low numbers for OLTL either. The ratings are about nothing but luck. It's not even based on merit or quality anymore and it keeps getting worse.

Now, Days was ok this week but mostly set up. Watch them go up for this week because none of us expect it: lol:

• Members

Sadly, ABC is exactly where it belongs. AMC is shallow, OLTL is boring and stupid beyond measure and apparently GH is...I'll leave that to a GH viewer to say.

I love J&A but I can't deal with pole dancing even for them. I only hope they Debbie and Darnell are getting paid big time.

OLTL has sucked for years. Higley, Carlivati and the scabs all suck equally only in different ways.

• Members

The Bell soaps: Much of the same...Great Television that utilizes a multi generational cast and gets the best ratings.

P&G: ATWT benefits from the Bell shows...I think. GL is a disaster and the 'new look' is only going to sink the show further.

DAYS: It's a roller coaster, maybe the numbers will be up next week. Who knows with DAYS, it's so inconsistent.

ABC Daytime: Suck it Frons! Note to Bob Iger and Anne Sweeney: TIME TO SWING THE AX!

• Members

Now, take a look at all CBS Soaps where it dropped significantly from Thursday to Friday because typically when Y&R drops all CBS soaps drops. Y&R, ATWT, B&B, and GL dropped anywhere from 400,000-700,000 viewers in one day; so people didn't tune because of the new production format.

• Members

Considering all CBS soaps dropped significantly from Thursday to Friday. I strongly think the GL's ratings will go up this week.

ATWT

Thursday: 2.5/3,438,000

Friday: 2.3/3,034,000 (dropped 403,000 viewers)

B&B

Thursday: 3.2/4,422,000

Friday: 2.8/3,680,000 (dropped 742,000 viewers)

GL

Thursday: 2.0/2,858,000

Friday: 1.9/2,418,000 (dropped 440,000 viewers)

Y&R

Thursday: 4.2/5,969,000

Friday: 4.0/5,430,000 (dropped 539,000 viewers)

• Members

I agree. All of that promotional advertising being thrown down the drain. But at least something good will come out of all of this: We won't have to watch an Inside The Light for awhile now.

• Members

No offense, but let's be logical here we know once Y&R slips in the ratings it impacts the entire line-up every time. People who watches GL don't give up that easily where they come and go over the years. I love the new format and opening; today's episode was exhilarating with Jonathan leaving town with Reva & Lizzie in buckets of tears, very emotional, well-acted show.

Archived