February 25-29, 2008

Toups

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed and for those thinking the TMK s/l was going to give GH a boost. Ha ha. No viewer I know of thinks in any way shape or form that this stupid S/L is remotely interesting, especially after finding out who the TMK was.

Anne Sweeney is a brilliant lady and I cannot imagine what shde can be thinking.

• Members

I haven't enjoyed Days much since John came back because I'm not a fan of his or any story he's in. Days has also become somewhat depressing with Shawn Sr. dying and with Bo's illness. The recent firings also have put a damper on my enjoyment of Days especially the firing of Martha because Martha made Belle one of my favorites.

• Members

I think Jesse/Angie had been keeping AMC's ratings slightly inflated over the past few weeks, but it looks like that gain has eroded. With the rest of the show in such sad shape, the ratings bump couldn't have lasted forever. GH remained flat with its big reveal, which was a surprise. Not so much of a surprise was DAYS' drop. Like I wrote above, lapsed viewers and new viewers wanting to sample the show tuned in for the exciting plane crash. The funeral last week, though really well done, probably didn't appeal to these new or lapsed viewers. Funerals and the character-oriented scenes they tend to have with them usually appeal to the long-time viewers who have a strong investment in the characters, not to the fly-by-night viewers who tune in for exciting events. ATWT's numbers are so puzzling, considering how ho-hum the show has been. I guess it benefits from the strong Y&R/B&B lead-in in most markets.

• Members

Jadestar,

I wonder if you haven't said something that may explain last week's ratings. I thought his funeral and wake were done very well indeed, but did it still turn people off?

I do hope this is not the downward slide that Days does not need, but maybe people are just not going to give DH a chance.

And I truly don't blame them one bit.

• Members

OMG, where to start. Glad for ATWT for staying steady for the week. Great seeing the 2.6 and 2.5's for the week. GL is no longer last in HH's or Total Viewers. AMC....1.9's??? :lol: I am laughing at ABC and the writers of AMC not the fans. That's what they get...The Real Greenlee. :lol: Those 1.9's are embrassing. Now AMC again is the lowesst soap on daytime. Can you imagine the ratings without Angie and Jesse? OLTL isnt that great. I dont get all the love it gets. It also got a 1.9. Didnt expect that from them though. GH, no movement whatsoever. Their sweeps have really bombed!! Days, I thought it would hold steady or least drop a bit. Patsy Pease returned. But I kept thinking during the funeral scenes is Shawn Sr. really alive and being held captive by Stefano?? I wonder if people are just tired of seeing characters die and reappear later. How can you take a Days funeral serious?? JMO

And GL #1 in 12-17?? :o

• Members

Well one positive thing for DAYS....they're only off 30,000 total viewers from this week last year...and theyre actually UP in most of the demos from last year, so I'd say that's at least a good thing. Hopefully they can rebound to 2.2 or 2.3 next week.

• Members

BWAH! I see Frons' wet dream of women pole dancing worked out so well :lol:

That's what AMC gets for promoting the "One sexy man" promo with Ryan and his supposed harem AND the pole dancing crap for the same week :lol:

LMAO looks like people tuned out for Zach/Annie, Zach/Greenlee, Kendall/Aidan too and the stuck in an elevator crap *snickers*

I agree, the spell has worn off, plus B&E have now hit a brick wall with J&A. Wow they actually lasted longer with this than they did "Crash"(which had two good weeks at best)

Archived