February 25-29, 2008

Toups

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lol. That was really something. I've never seen a headwriting team not have at least a couple of solid months (usually at least six) before things started to falter. B&E had two weeks (actually a little less IMO).

So now what is AMC going to do? How are they going to afford Darnell, Debbi, Rebecca, and RPG on these numbers? Getting rid of Chrishell, Colin and Sydney Penny (my speculation of course, but I think they will all be let go as their contracts come up this spring/summer) and Leven leaving is not going to foot the bill.

I would also like to know how The View is doing. Is that what's saving Frons?

And Toups or Errol or any of the pros here, in all honesty what is the probability B&E were indeed hired to run AMC into the ground (with OLTL being a perhaps unforeseen casualty?)

• Members

It seems lately that Days gets huge bumps of 300,000 viewers and loses those viewers the next week, and then gets them back the week after...I'm guessing that after years of having JER as a writer with things happening so slowly; fans feel they can watch one week, skip the next and watch again the week after and not miss much...

Also the now tends to drop on weeks they should increase, and go up when most would think they shouldn't..Collen reveal- increase, Plane crash week- drop, aftermath- increase, Shawn's funeral- drop...

• Members

I expected GL to get a little bump on Friday from people like me who tuned in to see the new format.

What can I say about AMC? We need a real headwriter ASAP and we need less focus on the Lavery/Slater clan. This show is getting the ratings it deserves.

• Members

Well I think that is approaching within the next couple of months - you think she'll be gone that soon? By the way what it so great about Rebecca Buddig that makes her pilot worthy I mean it is not like she is a new entity. Won't this be her 3rd pilot season?

• Members

Didn't AMC just get new headwriters after they let McTavish go? The problem is Frons period. He has been more involved in AMC at look at the results. And ABC wonders why all of their soaps are down.

• Members

Frons is part of the problem, he keeps hiring hacks who can't write for [!@#$%^&*] for AMC. B&E are another part of the problem. Viewer reaction to this couple switching crap has been less than positive, but yet they keep going full steam ahead with it.

Looks like viewers have now bitten back :P

It's possible, I've said all along, the ONLY reason she returned to AMC was because of the strike. I also read that an intern posted at SOC that Rebecca had the option to leave after 6 months, hard to tell if that's true, but it wouldn't shock me given how Fronsie loves RB....

LOL she must think she's all that, she had a small part on, I think it was CSI: NY or something, and she touts it like it was some major thing :lol:

• Members

In a SOD interview with Aidan Turner this week another piece of the AMC clusterf*ck became apparent: Barbara Esensten's 87 year old aunt!

Yes, that's right: this 87 year old woman tells Barbara what she wants to see and Babs does it. Apparently the aunt is a huge Aidan Turner fan and told Babs she wanted to see more of Aidan, especially shirtless Aidan.

I bet Aunt Gertrude also loved watching Cameron work the pole last week.

Seriously, this is a problem IMO: Barbara Esensten is around 70-something, JHB isn't much younger, and they consult with Babs' delusional 87 year old aunt?

AMC needs someone young and fresh with some say (JEFF BELDNER!).

Archived