February 25-29, 2008

Toups

• Members

I think the ratings will go up because of a very good week with Jonathan/Lizzie/Bill, Reva/Josh/Cassie, Alan/Beth/Rick, and even Mel was on three times this week! Very emotional well-acted show today which gives the viewers a real treat. GL is #1 in the 12-17 age group this week and this is where the advertisers crave for as this age group grows older into the 18-49 demographic. GL is somehow building the new generation of viewers.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sorry, but I don't see why Y&R's ratings have to be the saving grace of every other CBS soap. I understand what you're saying to a certain extent don't get me wrong. But, in my opinion, viewers have given up.

• Members

Think about it...in most markets across the country Y&R airs after the popular Price Is Right or the noon newscast as most Americans are on their lunch break this is where people sample other promotion during Y&R's commercial break. With high viewership during Y&R it provides a lead-in to the shows afterwards such as B&B and ATWT. If Y&R is pre-empted or people tuning out on a badly written episode, B&B, ATWT, and GL will go down majority of the time.

Considering GL airs mostly in the 9am and 10am time slot in bigger markets with a weak lead-in of CBS Early Show and most people are working during that time. Also competing with the popular NBC Today show that runs until 11am eastern time.

• Members

This is probably the most unreal quote I have ever seen on here.

Typical trash the show banter.

It will take a while to see if the new format increases or decreases ratings.

I do not believe there will be a big increase or decrease, I happen to think that GL will coast along as they have.

What I would love to see is a huge increase and see what the naysayers say, but I don't think that will happen. It is just not the time for any soap to make a huge impact.

People bitch about how bad GL is, but even when it was great it was still in the same place in the ratings as it is now. if all soaps were increasing their ratinsg like crazy, I would believe that the shape of the show is impacting viewers. But that is not a valid point, at least not yet and I find it quite comical that people are just not blaming the ratings on the new look LOL

Kit Kat anyone?

I only watch one soap, and that is GL...so I do not typically buy into the if one drops they all drop, but I do see it having merit.

• Members

I'd say they're consistent, but not necessarily compelling. Brooke/Ridge/Taylor is officially a worn out, tired mess.

I liked it too, but it seems that every episode I've seen lately revolves around them. It's an umbrella story that stampedes everything around it. The new sets have handicapped the filming process, because the camera operators choose weird locations and jerky movements to avoid each other. Without a 4th wall to escape into, they've had to become more flexible than the liquid terminator.

• Members

I'm not shocked by DAYS inconsistent ratings. The show is okay, however *very* boring lately, IMO. It seems to suffer from lack of a long-term story plan, and it shows. I even found the plane crash to be boring. So I've just been catching the clips on youtube the past week to keep up, but still nothing to where I race to the tv(as per usual) at 2pm. However, I am hooked on ATWT so congrats to them for holding steady.

• Members

Funny how ATWT treats Nuke like crap and won't show them like a real couple..But i'm sure they love all the publicity they are getting from not showing them kiss, it even hit CNN..Maybe that was their plan all along..

• Members

It actually takes ALOT of years for a lot of people to lan pilots that picked up and make it to air. over 200 pilots are made a year and only a handful get picked up. jennifer Aniston did soemthing like ten pilots, 1 hit the air and filed, and other other became friends. it is all a matter of luck.

Archived