OLTL Discussion Thread

• Members

I was cautiously optimistic about Ron Carlivati as a writer. I went against the grain when Higley was revealed to be the head writer and gave her the benefit of doubt. I was let down and FURIOUS how she almost destroyed my show. Ron has been such a breath of fresh air.

I've noticed that many who criticize his work are fans of the characters who've been featured a lot less since Ron took over (mainly the Vegas, McBains, etc) and seem a little bitter about the focus on the Buchanans and Lords. Including going as far as to say the entire show revolves around Nash/Jessica/Jared/Natalie (which couldn't be further from the truth).

Ron has done a great job of returning the show to it's core. In my opinion, we needed a big break from the Vegas, McBains and the other characters who sucked up airtime. They weren't backburnered, but were given a break. Their stories were allowed to slowly develop and give the audience a chance to either like the story or hate it.

Given how much May sweeps SUCKED with Jessica/Nash/Antonio every day.......I was SO glad that Jess & Nash barely had a story. As a fan of those two, I was beginning to resent them being on so much.

We've seen more vets over these past couple of months than we've seen in years. Nora, Bo, Clint, Viki, Dorian, RJ, Lindsay.....it's been so refreshing watching them in frontburner stories. The dialog is crisp, the stories are entertaining and the pairings aren't being forced. I became a fan of Cristian & Sarah, Antonio & Talia, John & Marty, and others. People know how much I hate Antonio....and for me to enjoy him on screen is a big thing for me.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I too loved Addie telling Dorian like she has seen it over the years, to bad Dorian isn't going to listen to her, because look where she ended up. Viki's.

Loved the Viki/Charlie reunion, and as much as I don't like him keeping the truth from Viki concerning Jared, I totally understand why he isn't telling her. I'd be afriad to.

It was nice to see Blair call Langston and Cole out on making Starr and her think that they are running around behind her back, hopefully it won't get to far ahead before Starr finds out.

It's fun watching Natalie and Jessica at St. Ann's trying to make their plan to break Allison out, and its refreshing to see Natalie be the level headed on instead of Jessica.

Am totally loving One Life and I can't wait to see what happens next.

• Members

First of all, I'll take the opportunity to put my own words in my mouth since I'm one of the people who thinks this show is bad right now. It sucks to me because it is boring. I'm as a big fan of the vets as anyone, but a total focus on them is not working for me. As far as the great vet focus, yes it's wonderful that they are focusing on those veteran characters of Jared, Gigi and Charlie. Not to mention those longtime favorites in the Paris cafe.

Perhaps people dislike the show now with no more of a motive than you have in liking it: They just don't.

• Members

Veteran characters, who? I'm sorry but I have no idea of who these three, as you call them, veteran characters are. Veteran characters to me are Vicki, Clint, Bo, Dorian, Renee, Nora ....etc.

I like the show, and as long as Alison Perkins is on OLTL, I'll continue to watch. I'm enjoying the vets being the focus for a change.

• Members

Gosh, I love this show! :D It's quickly becoming my top favorite with all of the bad doom and gloom news on DAYS.

I love seeing Addie every single time she's on. She's such a breath of fresh air. I loved her today trying to get Dorian to move on and get out of Viki's shadow. It was wonderful to see Addie pull out Dorian's cards, like taking Viki's name, running a publishing company and naming her house, sleeping with Viki's son, etc. It's true. I never really thought about it before, but Dorian does want to be Viki. It really shows a weakness in Dorian when it's brought to light. She's this mighty sassy diva, but when you call her out, she can't even deny the truth. Layers!

This whole Charlie posing as Rex's father is pure brilliance. Ron really thought this storyline out. There are no plot holes, none that I can see so far. I was worried about what the town would think if Charlie's going around saying Rex is his son, but it's been said to other characters that he went to see his other son and came in contact with him. The problem was, Rex never had that kind of a conversation with Charlie. So color me surprised and satisfied when Charlie told Viki that while looking for his son (Jared), he found out he had another son (Rex).

• Members

Line of the day had to go to Addie. I loved the line where she said "Oh for hte love of God Dorian, speak english! LMAO! It always kills me how Dorian butchers other languages. Im glad Addie basically told her to stop...lol.

wow, I also never thought of Dorian as a Viki wannabe but Addie made alot of sense. Dorian has been trying to steal Viki's life even if she didnt realize it

Jessica is annoying me. Why would Jess free Alison? Wasnt Alison breaking out of prison what led to the events which got Ben shot and in a coma? Why would Jess even entertain the thought of breaking her out again? I hope when Viki finds out, she rips her a new one

• Members

Another great show today.

Totally loved the Viki and Charlie stuff. It was so sweet and made me smile when he brought her breakfast in bed, and I loved hearing how he took a wrong turn and got lost but found his way of the Greenhouse. Although, I would have loved to have seen that scene with Charlie and Lois.

Addie was right on when she pointed out to Dorian and her wanting to be a Viki wannabe. WTG Addie.

I thought the dreams that Adriana and Rex had were funny.

It's weird having Natalie be the sensible one and Jess be the one that is going to get them into hot water. And I hope Viki rips them a new one when she finds out what they did.

• Members

I can understand Jessica going to extremes to try and get the secret from Allison, especially if it has to do with Mitch and her family.

I love Jessica, and I want so badly for this secret to reveal that she is really Clint's daughter somehow. That would be great.

• Members

Another good show by RC, so glad his shows are still airing. Hopefully the strike ends before his scripts runout so the show does not lose momentum.

I totally love Addie. I agree the line of the day was Addie telling Dorian to speak English :lol:

AND oh NO Dorian did not just walk into Viki's bedroom to end the show!! :o

• Members

OLTL is great!!!!

Dorian is so much fun. I love the way she put Jared in his place. "Hunny I could buy and sell you!!" I love that she let Jared know that he is playing with the big dogs now.

Todd and Blair are great!!!

Todd and Ramsey is just so stupid. Really is anyone going to listen to Gigi after she aided a kidnapper for weeks. Really this is stupid.

Antonio and Talia- ok don't really care.

Bo and Rex- loved the convo.

Roxie telling Rex that Charlie is his dad- brilliant. Charlie is lying, Roxie is lying, Dorian is lying. Poor Rexy- not loser kepy Sam away from Todd!!! I hope it hurts Rex. I am loving Gigi and Rex though!!!

Addie is just sooooo cool. I am loving that storyline.

Cole and Langston- oh yeah they are going to go there!! I hope it brings out Starr's bitch bone. Man is she boring lately.

I am loving Allison. I can't wait to see Nat and Jess bust her out.

Archived