AMC: Rebecca Buding Video Interview

• Members

Sorry Angie, disagree with you completely on this. I didn't sense fakeness at all and I don't blame Rebecca one bit for the treatment Sabine has received. That falls on the head of the ABC execs and them alone. I am glad Rebecca made such a big point to correct the interviewer and say that Sabine has been doing a good job. Bravo Rebecca :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh - why are you such a hater on this? You really can't think Rebecca is behind any of this...can you? And she DID just basically throw in a "I don't endorse the Real Greenlee promotion" in this interview...duh!

I'm sure you're totally glossing over the immense joy and satisfaction that Alicia Minshew has in all her interviews about Budig's return. Sure, the editing didn't show her saying "real Greenlee" like Aiden Turner, but her smiles make her just as guilty as Rebecca, Cameron, etc.....right? :rolleyes:

I only use Alicia as an example bc I know you worship her tits.........

*I do still enjoy you though, Angie.

• Members

As much as I dislike RB/Greenlee, I don't believe she had anything to do with the "real Greenlee" campaign. However, I think the damage has been done and no matter what RB says, her return will always be colored by this. This is just another thing that AMC screwed up. Some people will be angry and unhappy with the way it happened with Sabine and how the situation was handled and people don't forget. The most visible person to blame is RB so she is going to take a lot of that anger, IMHO. And she really messed up by not speaking out sooner on the situation. I can see how some feel it is too little and too late.

The best thing she could do is use her out at six months and get off the show. I imagine Frons really had to stroke her ego to get her back and wouldn't be at all surprised if she regretted her decision. I know I would.

• Members

If Rebecca spoke out sooner, I doubt that it would have done that much good. Heck, it isn't even doing anything now! ABC does what they want, regardless of the feelings of others. I don't think Rebecca's personal feelings was going to affect the way they were going to promote this event. And like I said before, this is the first interview i've seen of her AWAY from ABC and their control, so we don't know if she did anything beforehand.

• Members

^^Oh c'mon - I think you're just finding ways to let yourself hate on Greenlee...

Again, back to my original point, how can you lose all respect for Rebecca and not for Alicia for participating in the 'REAL' Greenlee promos with that bright happy smile on her face? You do realize that Alicia and Rebecca are BEST friends and you KNOW Alicia is the happiest person on the AMC set for having Rebecca back. I'm sure when the girls go out for drinks after a long day of shooting, Alicia is saying "MY GOD, I'm so happy you're back..."

• Members

While I was never a fan of Sabine I'M ACTING, HERE! Singh, I have to stick up for her just because the situation was taken to a level where it never should've gone -- her former employer blatantly and publicly insulting her work, no matter how "indirect" it might've been. The campaign should've simply been "REBECCA BUDIG RETURNS TO ALL MY CHILDREN!! JANUARY 16th!"

My take on Rebecca is this: She was approached last spring to return to the role, turned them down, and then decides to come back after the role had not only been recast, but had so much story driven by the recast actress that was currently in the role. To me it's like, "Okay, thanks for doing all the dirty work... NOW I'll come back." Rebecca didn't have to go through the horrendous crap Sabine had to endure when Greenlee initially came back. Rebecca didn't have to suffer the wrath of the angry and obsessed Zendall Fanbase after the whole Crash storyline. Sabine did. Rebecca didn't have to endure weeks of hisses and boos at the fact that they're trying to "redeem" Greenlee. Sabine did. And now, once the show has basically cleaned up the mess they made of the Greenlee character and everyone on the canvas loves her again and she is no longer a social pariah, Rebecca comes back. It's all very questionable to me, and while I know that she isn't to be held accountable or responsible at all for THE REAL GREENLEE campaign... I still have a problem with the way she turned down the role and then came back a mere eight months later after the dirty work by the recast was basically over and done.

• Members

BEST.POST.EVER. :D

As for RB "speaking out" I never felt she was obligated to, but the fact that she did only shows that she's not the evil bitch some are painting her out to be. I could think of a few other actor/actresses that wouldn't have saild zilch. ABC/Brian Frons are the ones who owe Sabine an apology.

But, as much as the "Real Greenlee" promos were a bit much so is the whole "Oh my God, Sabine was da bestest evah! How cud dey fire her!!?" :rolleyes: (Granted that was more an online thing). As if Sabine were the first actress in history to ever be fired. She wasn't even a good actress to ever be fired. It sucks, yeah, but I can think of other things that suck more. I'm juat ready for the whole thing to be over which, again, is up to whoever at ABC's promotions department. RB's acting speaks for itself, she doesn't need any help from the morons at ABC.

Oh come on, you know she's faking it. :P

• Members

My 2 cents.

I don't miss Sabine Singh. Never liked her much in the role.

Rebecca Budig, IMHO (and it's only an opinion), doesn't give a s**t about SS and I kind of roll my eyes at what I take as her acting like she gives a s**t. She and ABC are a little worried about the backlash (at the massive advertising, at the treatment of SS) and therefore throwing crumbs. But whatever RB really feels or doesn't feel doesn't matter, it was ABC's choice to do act as if Jesus was returning to earth and as if Singh held them at gunpoint to get and stay in the role - not RB's. I thought it was very disrespectful towards SS, but in all honesty I can't say I ever genuinally cared (this kind of treatment has become such the norm at ABCD, it doesn't shock me anymore) so it would be two-faced of me to get indignant there. What really annoyed me is they did 3-4 weeks of non-stop Greenlee advertising and they start the Jessie/Angie not-as-in-your-face advertising 2 days before Angie's return.

Archived