AMC: Week of January 14th

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Zach took advantage of the situation, that is what he should do from a businessman's perspective. Businessmen tend to want more and capitalize on their wealth by taking out the competition. Zach wished to take on Adam's business to become more powerful and therefore eliminate competition so he can make more money (now, with competition, Adam Smith once said it is key to building an economy...but mergers and taking out competition still works just fine as well).

Zach had every right to evict JR and Adam from Chandler Mansion....Adam pretty much signed everything over to him, not because of something Zach did but because of JR. But, in the end, he did give it back to him since it was not worth it anymore to him and he could still be well off without Chandler Enterprises

• Members

LMFAO and like Adam wouldn't have done the same if the tables were turned? Oh wait he has it's Adam Chandler

LOL Cheap everything you said, fits Adam Chandler & Palmer Courtland perfectly. I can't count on two hands the number of people Adam's screwed over in his lifetime.......

• Members

It would be one thing for Zach to make a "smart" business maneuver and outsmart Adam Chandler. I don't have a problem with that, and it started as fun rivalry. It stopped being fun when Zach made it personal against Adam and not JR. You have a personal problem with JR, then go after JR and say those things to him. As it stands Zach has made some peace with JR as long as he's in control, but still loathes Adam completely and wants to decimate him. He doesn't even KNOW him. It just doesn't make sense or ring true for Zach's character to me. Perhaps his time in PV and being embraced by the smug residents instead of being on the outskirts was more a disadvantage than we thought.

Viewers tend to embrace the underdog and when Zach was the shady mysterious underdog that was endearing. The fact that his family was his home, and the rest barely mattered was one of the things I loved most about him. His code was completely dependent on that being his most important role. He's always been arrogant, but he was so much more human pre-B&E.

Let Ryan and Tad be arrogant "man of the people" who decide who is evil and who is righteous, and then proceed to dish out punishments they deem worthy [see Richie/Madden]. Zach was unique, and while I still see some of that because of the awesome extras that TK adds to the character and the very real love between Zach/Kendall, the writing is basically the exact script of Ryan under McT's pen.

They think they are raising him on high, when in reality they are ruining him.

I say this out of real concern for a character of value I want to see written better. Don't let Slater become Lavery.

• Members

Excellent Post. I agree with a lot of things that you are saying. I certainly do not want to see Zach end up like Tad, who is IMO, the most sanctimonious, hypocritical, and judgemental character on the show. Tad IMO, has been ruined, I wouldn't want to see that happen to Zach. That being said I don't think that it will. As long as there aren't too many more instances with Zach doing what he did today, I think that he will be fine . What really matters is that the writers keep him as true to character as possible, I still recognize his character, he hasn't IMO changed into a character that I don't recognize anymore or who I have grown to dislike.

• Members

I do not see him being like Ryan....Zach is fun, outgoing, full of life, funny, adventurous, and stays out of other people's business. Ryan gets his stupid ass involved in everything, pontificates, runs around collecting evidence against the wronged (Ritchie), flails his arms, and is abusive

• Members

With all Zach has been through the last 6 months plus, I'd be shocked if he didn't have some residual anger.

Get hit by a car, thrown out of said car, roll down a hill, hit head on a rock, get trapped in a bomb shelter with IT, have to have your head stitched up with NO anesthesia, have something sharp go through your hand and let's see how your disposition is ;)

Not to mention everything from "Crash" and whatnot too......it's not like Zach just goes around choking people for the hell of it

• Members

I guess it was just bad Zach day all around for me, because along with disliking him choking Adam I also disliked him trying to be JR's "new daddy." IMO, that was inclusive of the way he always holds his nose up to Adam and the Chandlers for no particular reason (especially concerning Adam). It's like Ethan's daddy issues with Zach, for some weird reason Zach sees Adam as his daddy and he want to kick him around for it. I don't see Adam as Zach's daddy, at all and I find it obnoxious that he's seemingly misguiding his issues onto Adam. I like Adam. I don't always like him, but in general I do.

And you and I and others don't complain when Aidan, Ryan and Tad do that?

I didn't see Adam choking a B***H in retalliation to Zach taking advantage of a crisis that Adam was really going through in his life (although it was fake, he thought it was real). He was relishing Adam's misery.

It comes down to this, I would have easily thought Ryan was a jack-a** for doing what Zach did today. Heck, Ryan's done that same type of s**t to Zach a few times.

• Members

Aidan doesn't just go around hanging people from a noose for jollies, does that somehow make Aidan acting like a punk more acceptable?

Ryan had a whole bunch of family trauma going on, did that make him attempting to punch women somehow more acceptable?

Adam wasn't having it easy when Zach took advantage of the opportunity JR throwed him and then taunted him about it all, yet he didn't try to kill Zach.

The (dark) violence thing rarely works for me on a soap. I'm fine with bitch slaps or kind of funny psuedo-catfights (between men or women).

• Members

Zach isnt friends with Ryan. He tolerates him and has learned to move past whats happened between them bc they are raising children together. Spike connects them together and Ryan/Annie care for Ian as Zach/Kendall care for Emma. They do have a nice family unit set up and I like that teh children at least keep them all grounded and civil.

• Members

Ok after actually watching the episode here are my observations on this whole Zach/Adam thing.

Adam pushed Zach's buttons, so I understand why Zach lunged at him. I mean Zach even warned him to stop. But I do have a problem with Zach thinking he is so much better than Adam, because in all essence they are kind of the same. They resort to underhanded things to get what they want, always. But what male character on AMC past and present hasn't done that? That's why I have such a hard time when any of AMC's male leads feels so entitled and feels that they are above who ever they at war with at the time.

What I did have a problem with was of course Tad Martin. Hypocrisy at its finest....

I am so sick of Tad I almost hope Adam burns the adoption papers and is done with it. At this point I hope Adam keeps Kate away from him for the forseeable future. Ugg I am so sick of Tad Martin. Tad Martin is dead without Dixie, DEAD!

Team Adam Chandler. I hope you take the Martins down. Adam already has gotten back at Zach by stealing the company back and using Zach's former whore to do so. Lets be done with the Slater/Chandler war. Thank you Kendall for trying to stop Zach, too bad he wouldn't listen. Maybe if Greenlee told him too he would have :P. Again with the agendas.....

ANGIE!!!!! Debbi Morgan looks absolutely beautiful! I feel I am shoving her aside. That is what I did love about the show today, the mysterious Quentin and Joe and Opal recognizing him and Julia quizzing him. The great Dr. Angie Hubbard back in PV. She helps Adam on Monday :D

Archived