Swingtown: Discussion Thread

• Members

No cuz Mad Men is for TCM in the US which has to cut their movies anyway--so it's pretty tame. The sex is a biot more explicit but no swearing or nudity (damn cuz the main guy is hot :P ) Nip Tuck gets away with more (and the Sopranos). I don't get how nudity etc works here tho

E

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Molly is the redhead lead actress. She was the rabbi in Six Feet Under and is a trasure--she's from up island from where I grew up and graded from the same unviersity I took theatre at--UVIC and I've done a play with her ages back--nicest person in the world. her husband is Jack Davenport the British actor--i think he's pretty awesome actually--a slightly unpleasant character but hot. (TC you're not making my onlin crush of you dissipate any :P )

Well it did awesome first night ratings. Maybe CBS ha a summer time hit for them? I keep worryign cuz Grant Show's wife was in that lottery summer series--Windfall? a few years back that started strong and then fell apart script and rating wise. but already this is so much better.

Detroit what ya need to know about Mad men?

• Members

What Mad Men? Hell no. The little I saw of that show sucked. But I did watch the Swingtown Pilot again and I liked even more the second. Molly Parker looked so hot during the party that the Decker's through. :wub: And so did the chick playing Trina when she would swim in the pool. :wub:

• Members

Not sure what is happenng here. Apparently Mad Men is airing on both CTV and Bravo!

As for SWINGTOWN - just can't get enough of those tight pants. See you here next week.

• Members

And it's an hour long. I'd say it qualifies as a drama. In tone and delivery/execution, it's a bit like that show from a few years ago with Brittany Snow, set in Philly, can't remember the title. And as DP says, this is more about the parents/adults.

Archived