Swingtown: Discussion Thread

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't remember, who did Roger play on Brothers & Sisters?

I'm glad Trina is asserting herself more with Tom and letting him know she's not okay with him sleeping around. It's ironic that the most swinging couple seems to be headed toward monogamy while Bruce & Susan seem headed for a breakup. I hate that Bruce cheated, too.

Janet is my favorite character also. I love how she's progressed over the past few weeks and I can see her becoming the breadwinner in the family through her connections with the ladies' auxilary. I'm going to really be upset if Roger sleeps with Susan!

• Members

Hopkins, who plays Roger, played Kitty's co host on that TV show on Brothers and Sisters first half of the first season--when it looked liek they were going for a romantic pairing with him, until Rob Lowe was hired.

I agree--it's more interesting if Susan DOESN'T sleep with Roger, even with the attraction IMHO. I keep on worrying the show iwll be dropped from the schedule so nice to see it on again this week

• Members

Yeah traded with bad (and Canadian) Flashpoint. Oh well--it was still doign well in demos too but less so in ratings. Here in Canada Global is still airing it tonight, I wonder if we'll get the peisode a day in advance or a repeat. Friday at 10 for a show like Swingtown seems so wrong--i know I'm NEVER home to watch tv at that time.

At least it's sche3dules (still) to get its full 13 episode run thru Aug.

• Members

Definitely. It's a lot more primetime soapier to me than most of the shows that are considered primetime soaps today ("Brothers and Sisters," "Ugly Betty," etc).

Tonight's episode was THE best so far, no doubt. Just a fun-filled hour. And I am NOT saying this just because we got a close up of Roger's nice package, either. It was a really fun episode!

Miriam Shor is a GODDESS.

BTW, I don't understand the move to Fridays. The show started to gain viewers again over episodes 6 and 7. I don't imagine those gains continuing on Fridays.

Archived