DAYS: Tuesday

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I really liked Cynthia! Salem needs a young sexy bitchy villainess and I think Cynthia could provide that. Plus the actress isn't that bad either. I don't remember liking her before. LOL

Jason is still a creep, but I thought he was funny.

So happy Chloe told Shawn! Nice cliffhanger today.

• Members

Of all the teen 'extras' back in the day, Cynthia was always my favorite. She just had this soapy, dramatic look to her, and she was suchabitch... but not a psycho bitch like Jan. She was like this RICH bitch that you could totally have fun rooting for. Like a young Kate Roberts, almost.

It was also teased, if you'll remember, that she and Shawn had a past together. I seem to recall them making a few mysterious phonecalls to one another, and she alluded to what they'd done together in the past... if they could find that flashback and tease Shawn/Cynthia, it could throw a different twist into the Shawn/Belle saga.

• Members

The reunion was nice. Well done and very realistic. The returnees were shown just enough. The actor playing Kevin and the actress playing Susan were awful. They actually got worse and were so grating. The actress playing Penny got better and the actor playing Jason was not bad. It's funny that he is still a jerk and called Chloe ghoul girl and hot all at once. I see so much potential in Cynthia too. I remember when the show put her on contract years ago and dropped her. I was pissed. She's sexy, can act, and looks hot with both Shawn and Philip. She could be a good vixen. I loved her going after Philip and her interactions with Belle and Chloe. I only wish we saw her with Jason because I loved those two. They were great at stirring the pot.

I liked hearing about all the jobs too. Penny as lawyer, Susan a therapist specializing in self-image (fitting) and her mentioning Belle playing a big part in her life (nice nod to Belle being nice to her and I would've liked a Susan/Chloe scene based on their past relationship), Kevin being a internet vacation planner (fitting and liked him mentioning Mimi-good that she was remembered). Everyone looked great and the interactions were spot on. This worked really well. Would've liked a Jan mention but it still worked. Nice seeing Mr. Woods and his promotion was a nice touch. The whole thing was like old times with the Last Blast dances. Everyone together, the awards....real nice. The girls fawning over Philip, especially Cynthia, and Penny and Susan fawning over Belle's ring and her marrying Shawn.

Liked the Shawn/Belle/Philip/Chloe scenes. Love Chloe's attitude and all the tension. Very good ending. Good drama at the right moment of Shelle winning the award.

As for Steve/Kayla, cute scenes and loved the mention of Shenanigan's. The car stuff was so cute and Hope catching them was classic Days. I can buy her not knowing what is going on since it's not very often two people make it out in car outside their family's pub. Her reaction was spot on and so was Caroline's when Kayla entered the pub. Loved Kayla's hand touching the window. Nice nod to the Titanic and the fogged up window was a nice touch. All year people wanted romance and now I see people saying the scenes were disgusting. This was not a J&M scenario. It wasn't overdone. It was cute and wonderful for their fans. Just because they are over 40 doesn't mean they can't act like they are young at heart and do what they did. The show is bringing romance and fun back, which was what many fans clamored for, and now some find it disgusting. Go figure. Enjoyed their interaction with Hope at the end too

Loved the Hope/Caroline scenes and Hope/Kayla scenes. I wonder if they are trying to give Caroline enough episodes to fulfill her guarantee. We are seeing alot of her and I always laugh when shows do this and put people you barely see all year on to fulfill their contract laugh.gif . Nice scenes though and good seeing Ciara. Also liked Bo, Hope, Caroline, and Abe reacting to Shawn and Belle getting dressed up and going to the reunion. Nice, solid family stuff and moments that make this show what it is.

I enjoyed seeing Abe and seeing him work with Bo. Sami and EJ weren't too bad today and I like EJ spying and going back to this evil ways. Loved Lucas/Kate. Classic stuff and good to see so much of her.

Great episode today. Fantastic week so far.

• Administrator

I don't really remember much from that era.....I try to forget the Langan years. :lol:

You're right about Cynthia potentially being a young Kate Roberts. Didn't Cynthia say she was in the fashion industry? Also, she wouldn't be some newbie. She already has history with Belle/Shawn/Chole/Philip. There's a lot of potential with this character. ;)

• Members

She was mentioned by Kevin. He asked Shawn if he knew if Mimi was coming but he said he didn't think she would. Kevin said he hadn't talked to her since he broke up with her and would've liked to catch up. That was about it.

I think Cynthia has potential but I disagree with you, Toups on her not being seen as a newbie. The fanbases would despise her coming on and would see her as that. I

• Members

Yeah... sadly, Phoenix is right. Look at Kristen Renton: her screen time hasn't increased at all since being put on contract from when she wasn't on contract in September. (They probably just put her on contract now because they lost the original Cordy halfway through, and wanted to make sure they could guarantee Renton wouldn't leave halfway through the story too.) Not that they won't use her after the Ford story is over... who knows what the plan is post-strike? But there were more than a couple posts from irate fans even on here when word got out KR was on contract (even though they never would have known it based on the air shows. It's not like it's becoming Days of Morgan Hollingsworth's Life.)

if someone posted that Cynthia was on contract, you bet your @ss you'd get posts like "WHere's Anna and Lexie, but they put Cynthia on contract?!". Fanbases leap to incredible conclusions when they hear the c-word. (Contract. :P) When in reality, most times it's just about making sure someone can't leave in the middle of their story, and can be fired at least four times a year... not necessarily about being in their own front-burner story.

• Members

The problem with Cynthia would be the fact that she is from the old Salem High set, and if anyone who didn't already come back long-term after the 2002 mass exodus or survived it was back on contract there would be an UPROAR by the fanbases. But I do see potential in her, we need bitches like her around. I mean there is edgey Chloe but that Shawn/Belle/Philip group to me have been so non-fiesty since Jan and Cassie left.

• Members

BRAVO!!

I have been saying that for years :lol: .

Good post too, brimike. Your exactly right and that is one of the big reasons why Days has trended downward in the last ten years or so. Blame whatever writer you want or blame Corday but how many times have the fanbases played a part and caused so many re-writes that the show has become a watered down mess in recent years. It really is sad that this show is so restricted in storytelling and what it can do because of the fanbases.

Archived