B&B: Week of Nov. 19th Discussion!

• Members

OK, I am absolutely in heaven right now. We had yet another virtually perfect episode!

The Nick/Jackie/Clarke stuff was a little stupid, but it played well into what is going on. I was so surprised with all the dresses! 12-14 dresses at least! That is HUGE! I felt so sad for Donna, really, how could they do this to her? lol

The flashback of Eric and Stephanie was just so fantastic, they have such a long and rich history together. And the ending scene, were Eric gets up on the stage was so breathtaking. I felt so much tension, the dialogue was so awesome, it was so nicely done! I was so focused on what was going on, that I didn't even suspect that the episode would end! I was like: "What? Why is the screen going black?" Then it hit me: "Nooooooooooooo!" lol

FANTASTIC episode! In a way, I am glad that the news about Donna and Eric didn't come out yet. Let's face it, Stephanie is right: This would only detract from the show and the designs.

God, it's so good.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm shocked at the way CBS has ruined this week's big event with their promos. Who's bright idea was that? Outfits in B&B's runway shows never impress me because they look more like costumes, and I don't think that's what these fictional designers are going for. The cast's day to day wardrobe is much more appealing. I loved the flashbacks, but they only heightened how La Flannery has tossed any sense of glamour Stephanie ever had. Seriously, rising on that platform in pajamas and sensible shoes? Gee whiz. :wacko:

• Members

Quite. Donna had a line the other day about Stephanie being the "frumpy girl that no one would take to the prom" when she used to be anything but. Even Sally used to dress better and the actress was seriously ill so I don't buy the age/illness thing. She was a similar size too.

Not seen the ep yet but looking forward to it.

• Members

Bringing back Patrick Duffy was a masterstroke! That man has aged so well, and he has tremendous chemistry with Susan Flannery and KKL. Even William De Vry is finally getting some decent material. I've got to say I'm liking the Logans a lot more than the Forresters. B)B)

break up Eric/Donna and reunite the Forrester clan, in time for a tearjerker Christmas episode LOL

I really want a Brooke/Nick reunion, because Bridge bores me to tears. :rolleyes:

• Members

Have I mentioned lately that I love this show? Love the humor. I thought it was hilarious when Felicia convinced Donna that she sat on chocolate! LMAO. Loved her and Thorne teaming up to lock her up. That was too funny.

The end with Stephanie walking out on stage was wonderful. The flashbacks have been a nice touch as well.

Have you seen real runways? This is the type of stuff thats common. As a matter of fact, Forrester is alot more tame then what Ive seen out there

and Steph had a good response in that at least she wasnt under the bleachers doing all the football players...lol

• Members

Okay I know it's totally lowest common denominator but Felicia insinuating that Donna had shat herself was one of the funniest things I've seen on this show in years.

Loving everything about these episodes. So many different characters mixing it up -- it's getting more and more like the mid 90s.

• Members

Actually I don't think it was that bad an idea. Anyone with two braincells knew of Stephanie getting shot. I mean, come on: A gun which everyone EXCEPT Stephanie has touched very recently and knows of its whereabaouts, everybody HATING Stephanie at the moment and throwing kill threats for breakfast...

I'm still rather pissed that CBS isn't actually promoting B&B like it does Y&R and ATWT: plastering the net with their recent stories of Out of Ases and Nuke. Both GL and B&B are the bastard children of CBS daytime and get zero promotion. :angry:

• Members

Even if they didn't promote the shooting and even if no viewer put two and two together, SOD outted the story, so...

By the way, I see a lot of hatred for Donna. Don't you appreciate her for the tramp that she is? Unapologetic, devious, horny? She's one of the most fun characters ever! :D :D :D

• Members

I absolutely agree! Donna is the kind of woman that I would HATE in real life, but, for a soap, she's PERFECT! I really can't get enough of her.

I only hope she doesn't turn out to be the one who shot Stephanie. Actually, scratch that: Maybe it's better if she does, because that way she can get away with it and then Stephanie and her have even MORE reasons to hate each other, securing a years-long vendetta!!! Mmmmm! :D I just hope all the Logans get to stick around, as long as there's story.

• Members

Count me in as a Donna fan. last year I was calling for B&B to drop her. Now I think she's awesome.

And the Logans are compelling viewing for me. I *love* them! Finally, a worthy competing family to the Forresters, the first since the Spectras.

Archived