B&B: Week of Nov. 19th Discussion!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally. I mean some of those gowns...ugh. You think the costume department would at least look at fashion magazines to see what's going on in the fashion world. I suppose the 80s stuff adds to the camp factor but come on, there's a thin line and they're pushing it.

• Members

I light of Thanksgiving I think it's high time to say 'thank you' to the cast & crew of B&B for reminding us how great soap opera can be... :)

On this happy note I'd like to mention that Patrick Duffy has been upped to contract status. It's probably a short-term-contract but as of yesterday he's no longer recurring/guest...

• Members

I'm now always kinda dubious whenever I hear of an actor going on contract with B&B. No sooner have they signed on the dotted line, that they're off again. Shane, Pam, Storm and Steven early in the year. I really hope thay keep both Steven and Storm, as they're both assets to the show.

This weeks eps were classic B&B. I loved the fashion show, even if the clothes always look several seasons out of date. It's an aspect that's been missing these last few years, so any hint of a fashion show is good in my book. They had a lot more clothing sets than I expected, too.

The lead up to the shooting was classic melodrama. Just a shame that as soon as the gun went bang, the tension was lost. Why the hell did they use a long shot? If they had just kept the close-up on Stephanie, had her fall with out all that silly stumbling about, the tension wouldn't have been lost, and the hilarious stunt double wouldn't have been needed.

That stunt double was funny, though. :lol: Bad wig, wrong size, wrong height, wrong sex... :lol:

Also loved Jackie sneaking around, running from the dopey security guard, and packing real quickly without the foggiest idea of when she'd be back.

The Katie and Thorne interaction was good. Donna being locked in the steam room was karma with a capital K. I'm not yet sure of her sincerity, where Eric is concerned.

So, who's the shooter? I doubt it's Katie, or Steven, as he's too obvious. Jackie, I suspect was stealing designs... Maybe the obvious suspect is also the least likeliest?

• Members

I light of he has been written so far, he would have shot himself instead of someone else with a rifle in his hands... ;)

Jackie's panic - it would be so shocking if it were sth. different than theft - was fantastic. I couldn't stop laughing: How she left FC as a fugitive... :lol:

BTW, the best performance this week came from Lesli Kay. She was UNBELIEVABLE in the hospital and beforehand when she found out her mother had been shot.

• Members

lol @ Jake comment... But you see, he was so indifferently introduced.... I wonder if there's a reason for that. Plus, we have no idea where he was during the shooting.

Yes, LAD was fantastic in her scenes--she probably couldn't believe she had the gull to steal them lol.

And, yes, Lesli Kay was awesome! What's weird, though, is that Winsor Harmon didn't bring it, and he can be so fantastic if he's given the right material to work with.

• Members

I loved Felicia attacking Donna. LK did great in that scene.

So who do you guys think did it? I think it was either Storm or Katie. We know Donna didnt do it. Stephen and Jackie were way too obvious and Brooke or Nick is too easy. That leaves Storm and Katie. I think if HT leaves when her 6 month contract is up, it could definetly be her and she's the one you wouldnt expect. Storm seems like a disposable character to the writers and its awfully convenient that he suddenly returns just in time for this. Plus, unlike the others involved, he didnt make any threats against Stephanie and has been laying low key, so that makes him look suspicious to me

• Members

Yes, I agree. The timing of HT's end of contract would be perfect with the revealing that she shot Stephanie. Although, even if she DID do it, and HT wanted to stay, I'm sure they would find a way to make her stay out of jail.

• Members

I can see them making Katie the shooter for neatness sake but I just don't think it really makes much sense. Aside from a couple of comments this past week, she's been pretty indifferent to Stephanie since she arrived. She probably has the least motive of the bunch apart from Jake.

Archived