DAYS: Christmas Episode Spoilers

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In regards to the Christmas episode, I would really like to see Christmas episodes like the past. With the Horton tree and have the Horton's and the Brady's

around it. One day a year where you don't have to move story, just be a family.

In regards to Frances Reid, I think that it's tasteless to even think about writing her passing. She is in her nineties and this is the only job I foresee her having (I could be wrong). I would hate to see her lose her health insurance to write a story of her passing for just a few fans

• Members

Personally, I love the vets.....I hate when people make it an age thing, because I am only 20 and I would SOOOOO much rather watch Frances Reid, Deidre, and others than the teen scene. I hope older viewers don't think that all young people watching soaps don't really get it....

• Members

Don't worry, I'm also 20 and I think that vets are the core of the show. DAYS wouldn't even exist without Frances Reid. Suggesting to kill Alice off just to make a good storyline is more than tasteless, it is insulting to every real fan of the show. It is not newbies like Shelley Hennig that can save the show. Sadly, Mrs Reid will be gone someday and a grief story about Alice's passing could be written by the time. For the moment, we just have to thank God to be able to see Alice for Christmas once again !

• Members

I'll tell you what. I don't know about Terry but I stand by my statement that killing Alice off of DAYS would make one hell of a storyline for many characters on the show, who will be around in 10 years, if the show makes it. Lets be real here people. Don't get me wrong. I don't want it to happen, but if it did, it would make great story for Kristen and others on the show, and that's all that I was saying.

• Members

You are a thoughtful, and intelligent young fan. There are more like you than most people realize. I work with a few people in their twenties that watch this show, and like you, they understand what makes it work. They come to my office to talk about the show, and I fill them in on it's history, and they are interested, not infatuated with shallow characters that have just been introduced. Nothing against characters like Stephanie Johnson, Chelsea Brady, Alex or Jeremy. We need then for the future of this show. We need a new generation of Hortons, Bradys, and Dimeras. It's essential for the shows survival.

BUT........When you say "Days of Our Lives" in public, what do people associate with it? After they get past "hourglass", they say names like "Deidre Hall, The Dimeras, Stefano, The Bradys, The Hortons, Bo and Hope, Doug and Julie (if they lived in the 70's), Steve (patch) and Kayla, Jack and Jennifer.....

Not Shelley Henig. No offense, but to put Henig above women like Deidre Hall, Susan Hayes, and Suzanne Rogers; Whom all three have won countless awards and basically saved this show with mind blowing performances again and again, is just.....I don't know, it's so ridiculous there are no words for it.

I hope Days is on forty more years. It may seem impossible, but I can dream that my children will watch it with their children. If so, I hope the young characters we see now came up and rocked the house. Fact is, they aren't doing it so far. If there were actors who could do incredible work in daytime again, we wouldn't have half the soaps facing cancellation. This generation of actors are being found in underware catalougues, beauty pagents, and reality TV shows. Not on the stage or fresh out of acting colleges.

They have looks, but no chops, and that is a problem. It's not Daytimes biggest problem by any means, but the new generation of daytime actors are not helping the dire situation soaps are in.

BTW...I'm not ancient...I'm in my thirties...So don't think I'm ranting because I'm old and irritated.

• Members

@StephanieLover17: You are annoying. Viewers like you are one main reason why the soaps do suck today. You are the ones who scream the loudest about your favorite young people on the show and don't care for the veterans and the history of the show. And the worst thing about this is that TPTB/advertisers targeting the likes of you with their writing and production. That is what's wrong here. When I think about it I don't see any hope that things will ever be better when it comes to daytime.

Archived