Soap opera actor in hospital after allegedly attacking three

• Members

I'm not surprised...although I had no idea about the Tom Eplin brawl.

I heard about the ATM Machine thing...which reeks of someone who has a few screws loose.

I thought they would have written him out with Marcie anyway. His character is so useless.

BTW...I wonder what the blowup on the set of OLTL was?!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It could've been anything. I remember James DePaiva made a comment in an interview when he did some work over at ATWT along the lines of "Wow! You mean people get things done without yelling over here?" Mark Derwin said on Soapcenter that if stage manager Alan "Needles" Needleman isn't working that day, you could cut the tension with a knife.

So, I just think that set, overall, isn't as jovial as it could be. Add a man with anger management issues into the mix... yeah. It could've been anything.

• Members

There is a reason why he was released from OLTL in 03, and I don't think it was just for storyline reasons. They should have never hired him back to the show. He's had temporary unexpected absences from OLTL before that caused them to have an emergency recast. Rumors swirled as to the circumstances surrounding it, but he said it had something to do with his daughter.

• Members

The guy has emotional problems, clearly. And for that, I feel really bad for him. But having said that, this is probably the wrong job for him to have, where you have to be "on" all the time, and where certain stories can bring up awful memories and feelings. He should be in film, where he can work short periods of time, and then take breaks.

Archived