DAYS: Former writer lands major writing award

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're not a racist, Sylph.

I don't think any of the people in this immediate discussion are racist.

I'm talking about the type of people who just don't want this woman to

ever be heard from again and write letters to the MODS---"Oh boo hoo

somebody mentioned her name."

You know the ones, Sylph.

I mean you would think she was the official wife of satan.

She's just a "writer". My goodness.

• Members

Anyone who comes here and raises a ruckus trolling trying to keep the woman's name alive in the hopes that she, he, it, they, whoever will "raise their profile" and get a soap job or become a hit on teenybopper blogs is pissing in the wind.

Most people can't pierce the cloud of bullshit madness and trolling surrounding this subject to even begin to care that she is supposedly a woman, or black, or a feminist or anything of the sort. I didn't know or care a thing about this person until she first came up here, and then, through one reason or another, managed to be saturated and spammed across the board so much by so many "different" unstable posters that I lost all interest I had in her purported writing ability and just wanted the topic to go the [!@#$%^&*] away. Someone is operating on the old adage of "any publicity is good publicity," but they forgot the caveat of "...unless you are making a goddamn fool of yourself on an obscure message board full of kids."

Mods?

• Members

You are really misguided and off the mark, aren't 'cha?

People have the right to go on the internet no matter who they are.

They have the right to be ANONYMOUS.

MANY writers, actors, producers from soaps visit, surf and post on this board

every day and MANY OF THEM do nothing but "hype up their character's importance", talk about

how fantastic such and such scene was written.

You can't legislate who gets to come online and toot their horn, and just the fact that you keep

trying to make me into this "he/she/it" as you call it, proves to me that you're suffering from fanatical

delusions.

Apparently, her career is flying high, and if LIFETIME is hiring her, then I imagine others in television will

follow suit.

I don't see what you're saying.

What I see is "hate" in your posts and it's quite misdirected.

Are you the one who was sending all those racist messages to the reporter at MediaBistro?

• Members

God, I hope so.

Why, sure they do! And someday soon they'll notice you, just like Lana Turner or Joan Crawford! It's a veritable parade of possibilities here in Hollywo -- I mean, an anonymous soap opera message board! How can you possibly fail to succeed here?

I wasn't aware I was talking about you. I was talking about ____ ____. You're a completely different person with no connection or writing similarity.

Absolutely! No need for her to be here! Why would any artist or fan of an artist waste their time trying some half-assed attempt at trolling/viral marketing on a backwater little message board when they could be making deals, writing film or television, or publishing more books and working through legitimate connections? Let me know when her Lifetime movie or series or epic 12-part 7-season pickup miniseries airs. I will DVR it like whoa.

At who? I'm talking about the cloud of bullshit that follows this topic around and I'm sick of reading the same old crap about it.

I don't even know what MediaBistro is.

• Members

You're right! You have every bit as much right as me or anyone else to post here.

I just have issues with the way that people were used and lied to (by you), as a result causing friends to turn on one another and reputations to be shat upon, earlier this year. It also doesn't help that your other personality, EK4L, was a complete troublemaker and [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

Yeah, God, you're so right. I mean, it's not like I didn't start the thread, or I didn't start the debate. It's not like anyone could possibly have anticipated any of this latest round of bullshit. It's not like anybody had been telegraphing this for months. It's not like you can do anything to preemptively deal with a potential problem on the board. Initiative costs extra, I realize that.

That's what's really pathetic about this. Whether this author exists or not, or is a collective of hysterical trolls, or hysterical fans of hers, or anti-fans, or it's just one person, I have gone from being interested in the woman's writing and passion, to sick of hearing her name and everything that surrounds it. It is truly sad that a woman who can be so articulate and passionate about daytime television would have this incredible cloud of negativity, dishonesty, and excuses dogging her every move. In the end, the saddest thing about this situation to me is that nothing about ____ ____ and the circus that follows her surprises me anymore - I'm just bored and indifferent. And that's no good for any writer.

• Members

If you have a post that you feel needs to be alerted, please hit the report button and tell us why you think it needs to be alerted. Without hitting it, we won't know. It is impossible for us to read every post on the board. One of us will get to it Vee.

• Members

Ryan, just being honest with you.

A lot of this "petty tattle-telling" is what drives away visitors in DROVES.

We can all ignore whatever or whoever we don't wish to see.

But BANNING people for suspicions and stuff. My god. Everyone here's supposed to be an adult.

We're discussing the topic of soaps and writers.

They should forget about this chick and focus on the "subject"---which is---daytime rejecting talented young writers.

SHE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE, you know.

• Members

And all this same old stupid drama leads me to say, WHO CARES?

Nobody is going to lead a campaign to get this woman or anyone else made head writer of any show from this message board. Nobody. It will not happen for you here. It will never happen for you here. This is just a dumb little message board.

Take it through real channels and do it professionally or not at all. Stop wasting space trying to come at this from a million different angles and hoping that somehow, someone will be dying to hire you, or her, or him, or them, or whatever. Do it on the real or leave us the [!@#$%^&*] alone.

This tired troll return is the same old boring predictable schlock that we get on daytime. When someone trolls a board, whoever that may be, they don't get to come back after making a complete ass of themselves, pussyfoot around trying to monopolize every topic about writing and the future of daytime, and then say, "oh, but let's focus on the writing! All that's in the past, now I'm about talking about serious issues for daytime! I should be taken seriously!" If the troll couldn't restrain itself from acting a fool the first time, no one will take them seriously the next fifty times.

If person or persons really want to break into daytime, they won't ever do it here, where everyone is familiar with this fucked up freak show that has followed this writer's name around. Go somewhere where no one knows anything about it, and let the writing speak for itself, instead of a dozen different little syncophants or just one. Stop name dropping and bullshitting and just go write something and give it to someone legitimate. There is nothing for an aspiring daytime writer here.

I am bored and this is tired and that is it.

Archived