DAYS: Former writer lands major writing award

• Members

I understand where you're coming from, which is why the staff has backed off micromanaging the boards. But someone saying "oh we should moderate" is out of line, especially when no one reported a post. We're all adults here (for the most part) and no one should have to be watched 24/7. But you get people who like to start nonsense, the complain when people jump all on them in the end. It's very immature.

Not every reported post results in a banning, sometime it's just bringing things to our attention so we know to watch the thread in case things get too bad.

And I so agree with you, let's get back on topic :D

Btw...would you mind if I PMed you about something later? I have an idea I want to run by you.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Legal basis? Uh, if I were to question whether "Vola" won the award or not and was lying I would question it based on my legal basis to post here with the same legal basis you have to post here making the claim that "Vola" won the award.

But actually I was just making a joke because the phrase "major award" instantly conjures up this image from A Christmas Story for me. On the legal basis of snark.

• Members

Miss Aremid, you're one of my favorite posters here, so reading your comments are

really painful for me.

But I'm glad that the editor/reporter has now UPDATED the remarks you posted----

and that he independently discovered that his original story was in fact true and correct,

despite the flood of "hateful" "racist" email he received disputing this woman's achievements.

What a powerful person she must be.

• Members

*sigh*

"Independently discovered"?

Revising after an external complaint is not exactly what *I* would call an independent discovery, but I hope no one bothers pestering this poor blogger on my account if my inference is incorrect. In any event, congrats to "Voof."

I am flattered that you consider me one of your favorite posters here, but if it pains you that whenever I see the phrase "major award" the first thing that pops in my head is the leg lamp from one of my favorite movies, "A Christmas Story," and that I made the decision to share this with the people here at SON, for that I am sorry.

It certainly pains me that I ever clicked on this thread or read it or posted inside it because this has nothing to do whatsoever with soaps. Hopefully my future posts at SON that actually have to do with soaps can dull your pain and mine.

• Members

Wow. I'm catching up on this thread from yesterday afternoon after my posts and I'm speechless. Evidently, "VV" stirs up a lot of different emotions in people and I'm not familiar with what may or may not have happened on this board earlier this year so.....

From re-reading again what Sylph posted from her interview, this woman still comes across to me as someone the daytime industry needs, or someone LIKE her.

Do I think that because there are a few of us championing her skills that TPTB at one of the soaps will hire her (based on this message board)? - Not really, no.

Do I think that she would make a great HW for a soap? - Hell yes! For the reasons I posted yesterday, and I will say it again. If she, or someone like her, has a passion for writing, a love of writing - and wants to write for a soap opera, it shouldn't matter the pigment of their skin. And being asked to write as a "ghost writer" seems very under-handed to me, for a lot of reasons.

I believe that "VV" could have been fired due to racism. I'm not saying that she was IN FACT fired for that reason, I'm just saying it's a possibility. I (or we) will probably never know if that's what really happened, but if that is the reason then we should all be sad as Americans.

• Members

I don't harbor strong dislike for ____ ____ per se, because at this point I am not convinced she actually exists. I harbor strong dislike for the entire ridiculous, juvenile cavalcade of psychotic behavior that seems to surround this name whenever it comes up around here. The same tired things happen every time and it is increasingly predictable and uninteresting, yet always equally annoying.

I am not privvy to the full scandal surrounding this mess and I have already said that. All I know is I went from intrigued by her views and writing to never wanting to hear about her again and disgusted with the behavior of some strange people connected to her saga, whose behavior has only tarnished her reputation, if she has one at all. If you want to hear about the scandal around here, ask someone who knows it all like Kenny. I am just going to bow out and watch the same tired crap happen over and over again...which is the worst kind of writer's block, really.

• Members

Well that says it all, Vee.

Yet you have the "integrity" to make about 7 posts to this thread.

Why in the heck is this lady so important if she doesn't actually exist?

I still don't get what the big deal is.

Why is she so threatening to all the yack-yackers?

As I told Miss Aremid--she must be a very powerful person.

What needs some adjusting is the content of your own character, Vee,

because this lady isn't even worth all the novels you've written on this

thread.

Especially since she doesn't exist.

Archived