Y&R: Major November Sweeps Spoiler

• Members

^^^How was this explosion a year in the making? It was just this year, 2007 that Clear Springs was brought up by Jack so I'm not following that. And when people say this is so GH, they mean that until LML became HW of Y&R, there were no big stunts every 4-5 months like it is now. We've had an ice storm, that horrid cliff fall and now an explosion. Y&R used to be about character driven s/ls, not big ass plots like this.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I mean is that it was not for that month as a stunt which GH is known for. What I mean is that I think this goes back to Nick's plane going down which was March right. I really believe it is going to go back that but then I could be wrong is what I mean. I do agree that the cliff thing was horrid but with the retooling I think some stuff has change and what I mean is someone is up LML butt which is a good thing. The effects look good and not cheesy. Bill Bell was the best and character driven storyline but if anyone knows LML she is plot all you have to do is go back to Knots to see that.

• Members

To anyone who has ever searched for a reason why daytime drama is moribund, you have your reasons here on this thread.

This might be entertaining in the short term but it is plot-driven nonsense, and cannot be sustained on a day-to-day basis. What next? A tidal wave from Lake Michigan?

I don't believe most of you would even appreciate a GOOD Daytime DRAMA if it fell on your laps.

The end of daytime is nigh. People like you all, who expect it all to be about plot, have killed it.

As Fred Flintstone said: "Say good-bye to the nice old BATTLEAXE"

I'll watch, and maybe enjoy some of it, but I'll always enjoy the old character-driven stuff more.

Thank heaven for YOUTUBE.. and my old VHS tapes

• Members

Great post and right on the money....

As for me I don't think viewers today are stupider than they were how ever many years ago soaps began. I watch soaps for lots of reasons and I like to think that I'm smarter than the average person. I look at them critically and while there are some things that are above rationalization when it comes to soaps such as "returning from the dead" and multiple "whos the daddy" storylines I still think that there are core things that can be found in soaps that can't be found elsewhere. People know whawt they want and if people didn't like the "current Y&R" then it wouldn't be on top of the ratings chart. I happen to love Y&R right now for the most part. Its still a classy soap that exudes its own personal style. If some people don't like it then they shouldn't watch.

As for it becoming stuntlike I don't consider Dru "dying" to be a stunt. That was just a regular event that was probably years in the making given her tendency to get herself involved in stuff thats none of her business.

The Ice Storm was an event but again I see nothing wrong with doing something different once in a while...especially if its well done and brings in new viewers while telling a great story in the process. So I don't think its "copying GH" and even if it were I wouldn't see it as a bad thing since General Hospital is also another excellent soap that knows how to do drama...I mean can we say General Hospital Virus Storyline!

This Clear Springs stuff has definitely be carried out in a great way. The introduction of the mthane gas element was done in such a way that I at first thought, "WTF? Why should we care? This isn't even important is it?" But now that I know about this explosion thing it just makes it that much more fun. Cane's been going on for weeks about it and he did try warning everyone. Well now we'll see what the fallout is.

I hope Cane and Lily interact during all this. I see them getting closer for some reason due to the event. Perhaps stuck together during the crisis?

• Members

Hello 2Sassy4Words. They Probably Mean that they Came up with this Idea or Wrote This Story Around A Year Ago. They have to Come Up with the Story and then Write The Story. Then, They Tape the Episodes and then after all the Episodes are Shown on the Air; then This Storyline is on the Air. Jody

Archived