Y&R: Major November Sweeps Spoiler

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no doubt this will be good for two or three weeks, but that's it. LML's Y&R is very dull and thrown together with a stunt thrown in every few months to perk the viewers up. I just hope Jill makes the trip and gets something good to do.

I wonder who they will kill off, since people have to die. Will it be some of the newbies or another vet? LML LOVES killing off vets, so I'm thinking it'll be one of them. I also think Victoria gets hurt due to the looks on Victor and Nikki's faces. Unfortunately, I see Amber is there, which makes zero sense. Why would anyone invite her?

• Members

Wow. Looks like a primetime show quality wise. But honesty I'm not tuning back in for a weeks worth of shows just so it can go back to crap the week after. I don't think Y&R has done a stunt to the scale this looks like which is why most people are pissed and if you are going to do it during sweeps were it belongs.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Oct 5 2007, 11:11 PM)
I have no doubt this will be good for two or three weeks, but that's it. LML's Y&R is very dull and thrown together with a stunt thrown in every few months to perk the viewers up. I just hope Jill makes the trip and gets something good to do.

I wonder who they will kill off, since people have to die. Will it be some of the newbies or another vet? LML LOVES killing off vets, so I'm thinking it'll be one of them. I also think Victoria gets hurt due to the looks on Victor and Nikki's faces. Unfortunately, I see Amber is there, which makes zero sense. Why would anyone invite her?

Cause Amber is the most talented person on the show and we need to have all story revolve around her at all times.

• Members

Here on my thoughts on doing it before sweeps, I think it is a good idea, you have the *event* before hand in which you gain viewers, and then you tell a compelling story that comes from it for November sweeps, which will keep the viewers that tuned in and maybe even gain more. Very classic if it goes like that.

And I know I have no right to stand up for this storyline before it airs because I left Y&R months ago because it was boring as hell, but I do think this has some possibilities.

• Members

All I can say is, if Y&R submits episodes surrounding this event for directing at the Emmy's next year, they have that award in the bag. GH's hostage crisis might be a threat, but the production values on Y&R's stunt far exceeds that of GH's, judging by this promo.

I can't speak on the storyline content, but the production values look AMAZING.

• Members

I'm not going to lie. This stuff looks amazing, and something that no other daytime soap opera can pull off except Y&R. However, I'm not tuning in, that's for sure. This show is not going to gain me for a week, only to feed me the same contrived sh*t I've been taking for the past year. I haven't watched a full episode since July and I'm fine with that.

• Members

This was posted in the spoiler section on the Y&R stunt sweeps thread.

The production values on that promo are AMAZING. I know I'll probably hate the story, but I'll watch for the unbelievable cosmetic value of the show. The promo makes Y&R looks and feel like a primetime show, and it better since they wasted a ton of money on this to shoot it on location.

If they sumbit episodes from this for directing at the Emmy's next year, they will surely win.

Archived