OLTL Discussion: Week of September 17th

• Members

The only part of today I didn't like was the Cramers at the restaurant hanging out and sparring while Todd was at the hearing being torn apart. I'm sorry, if Blair was going to take Starr home they should have been sitting in the living room waiting for the phone to ring.

Otherwise, it's doing well.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW do you ever like anything>

I was at least as mobile as Matthew at his age.

Carlivati has only had solo credit on the show what.. a week? i dunno i think he's made huge improvemtns

(and LLanview has been in the land of the LL's liek llantano for a long time--it's lame to complain about it being Carlivati...)

Pretty decent episode--though I thought less interesting than the past few

• Members

Wow. It would take me forever to disect that whole post but anyways....

Carlivati has like only had a week of being credited solo as HW. While you might be waiting for that big punch, maybe wait for a few weeks. I've read that there are some interesting stuff coming up.

Llan....hm one of the reasons why I never liked OLTL before I started watching, but stuff like that has been apart of the show's history for years.

Isn't Jack Manning still enjoying his first day of school? I think that's why we didn't see him today. Days go by slow on OLTL. One day could last like a week or a half on the show. I haven't noticed that because I am so caught up in everything but it's true.

I kinda liked the Cramer women meeting. I also liked the Roxie and Rex scenes. I'm enjoying that we are seeing more of Roxie.

• Members

This week, the battle for Tommy storyline is great. Todd is really shooting himself in the foot though. I loved seeing the Margaret flashbacks because it makes me remember how fun she was to watch on there. What a twist it would be to bring her back, turn out she really didn't die during the van accident!

Loved seeing Will back, and I liked his scenes with Lindsay, and telling Nora to drop the chargers. I wish he'd come back full time, he looks great! Nice to see RJ back too.

• Members

Gee...your posts about OLTL make me wonder how you get through the whole hour! Are you a fan of this show? I am not trying to start anything. I am genuinely curious. If you are a fan, how about spreadin' some positive, happy vibes? OLTL is a show that is climbing out of near annihalition! I am not sure it is realistic to expect miracles after a week! I find it hard to believe that you have not seen any improvements!

RuAsRuAnAu, if you were writing this show, share with us what storylines you'd write. I would love to hear your ideas! :):)

• Members

"Isn't Jack Manning still enjoying his first day of school? I think that's why we didn't see him today. Days go by slow on OLTL. One day could last like a week or a half on the show. I haven't noticed that because I am so caught up in everything but it's true. "

I do hope this aspect changes. It really slowed down under Higley. And Tina I really hope you're kidding about bringing Margaret back AGAIN

• Members

Yes, I enjoy 2 other shows more than I enjoy OLTL.

Since Carlivati has been credited as solo HW, the show has not made stronger attempts to rise outta the doldrums Higley, Frons & Valentini placed it in. If I am to be honest, I find OLTL under Carlivati to be terribly frustrating. Some of it is his fault, some of it is not. I'm just commenting on the writing aspect of daytime's 2nd most mistreated show. OLTL under Higley was a sinking ship, and Carlivati hasn't taken out enough water as I'd like within 2 weeks of steering the wheel. Do you not agree that a lot can be accomplished with 10 episodes of HW?

Carlivati prides himself as a "vet" lover. As well as being able to write emotionally-layered, thought-provoking , timely & engaging stories. So far, he's only shown a modicum of that. I ask the question again: Do you not agree that a lot can be accomplished with 10 episodes of HW? The start of major stories are supposed to pack a punch; that way they intrigue people, holds their attention. The Tommy custody battle has failed at that. Does Jessica Brennan, Todd's half-niece, even know that her half-cousin was raised by Michael & Marcie McBain, the would-be in-laws of her sister, Natalie Buchanan?

OLTL used to be a show about the differences in our lives & how we choose to accept, change or reject those differences. And regardless of our choices, we only have ONE LIFE TO LIVE. If it weren't for Linda Gottlieb, Michael Malone, Josh Griffith & Susan Bedsow Horgan, OLTL would not have transformed itself into a force to reckon with. There was a lot of positive buzz & acclaim surrounding the show, and at a time in the early 1990's, OLTL was daytime's best show. I wish all OLTL viewers watch the Marty's rape story. Two words for it: Pure golden. The only way for Carlivati to be considered a success is if the vast majority of OLTL viewers hold his overrated feet to the fire. It's do or die, figuratively speaking. Or if you like: Write well or die.

This critique of mine (or rant as some of you SONers will call it) stems from me being a true fan of OLTL. Saying you like a show does not make you a fan. A true fan holds a show accountable for its mistakes, its carelessness, its ignorance & its stupidity. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: OLTL is a show that just can't win because when all is said and done, the viewers take what they're feed and swallow it whole. Where were those so-called fans when the show really started to decline in 1996? Some of you SON members may think that I'm being negative. I'm being realistic in this matter. I aint gonna sugarcoat this just to remain positive. Do I want OLTL to be cancelled? HELL NO! With all its fault, OLTL is daytime's most promising show. And I desperately would like to see it reach its fullest potential..

In case you were wondering, I am writing a OLTL story outline, a bible if you will. It's gonna take a while cuz I feel that all writers should delve in the depths of a show's history, to go back to its roots. And with with 39 years on TV, OLTL is deeply rooted.

I ask my fellow OLTL fans to come together & work towards a better future for the show. As Oprah says: "Feel the love and accept it." Remember: You only have one life to live.

Archived