OLTL Discussion: Week of September 17th

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I'm kinda suprised at the hostility towards OLTL as well. There is no denying that the show has improved - it's actually watchable, which is more than I would have said a year, 6 months or 3 months ago.

I will give the show the opportunity and time to get even better - and time is what it will take given what was left for RC to clean up. The show he inherited was a scattered, hollow mess. It would be nice if people sent out some positive energy to a show that at least seems to be trying to get back on an even keel!

• Members

Mark Christopher is Dena Higley's husband who is a script writer for the show. People who understand the business and contracts and real life situtation seem to think that he will be leaving. I am one of those. His wife was treated horribly by Frons, laughed at by Carlivati. I am sure he is leaving.

• Members

Frons should have replaced, demoted or got her a cohead writer years ago. He didn't necessarily do her any long-run favors leaving her unchecked for so many years. It was his 'friendship' that put her in a position where it's unlikely she COULD be hired by any other soap. (Never say never in the soap world). Not that opportunities abound, but I doubt CBS would touch her. With already falling ratings in its soaps, ABC won't touch her for a few years. I think word is such that that putting her at any other soap spells fan revolt.

• Members

This statement is an oxymoron. You cannot say he treated her horribly or he turned his back on her for her dumb storylines. What was he suppose to do? Keep her as HW while she continued to ruin the show and drive viewers away? She was a hack and she deserved to be fired. Where exactly is the horrific treatment because he certainly didn't come out and bash her in print.

Archived