OLTL Discussion: Week of September 10th

• Members
Welcome_to_Llanview.jpg
Welcome to the One Life to Live Discussion Thread for the week of September 10th, 2007. It looks to be another fun week on OLTL, with the highlight being Marcie's discovery that the obvious has been staring her in the face all along, but that she has been too blind to see it. Hope you enjoy your visit and are prepared to discuss the interworkings of Llanview, PA and OLTL. If so, then you're in the right place. So let the discussion of the good, bad, and ugly that is Llanview, Pennsylvania & One Life to Live begin...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed today's episode. At least Todd wasn't screaming. Glad that Blair told him he was acting like a two year old.

Of course, the highlight was the John/Marcie/Michael scenes. The truth is finally out!!

Overall, the show is MUCH improved. Check out the link to the Canadian TV Guide soaps site. They LOVE OLTL there, and proclaim it daytime's BEST show! They positively gush about OLTL!!!!

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/The...lson.htm?isfa=1

• Members

WOw I'd never read the Canadian TVGUide site before for soap news--i'll have to from now on. You're right th epast 3 weeks they've been all about OLTL--a bit too much though they do bring up some good points (but when they claim that Carliavati is "already drawing comparisons to Douglas Marland" I had to ask... by whom??)

E

• Members

I know people are hating on Todd but this angry man is much toned down compared to the Todd that Roger Howarth was playing... Todays episode was fricken awesome! OLTL has been consistently good for over a month now! Loved the Todd and Rex confrontation.

• Members

Lol then you might as well arrest almost everyone in Daytime TV. Its not going to happen so I wouldn't hold your breath. More importantly I don't think the majority of fans would want that to happen to any of those characters. Except John maybe. Personally I don't care for John or Michael but Rex is lovable and I can't see OLTL without him.

Yeah I do feel for Rex. I mean he really was stuck in a hard place. I mean he knew how angry Todd would get yet he knew how much it would hurt Marcie and Michael. Whats a guy to do in that position. I flove Todd (especially under TSJ) but I also see him for what his is. And I don't know if Tommy would be better off in the long run with Todd (even though hes the biological father) than Marcie and Michael.

I only caught a LITTLE bit of Roger Howarth as Todd on OLTL. That was back in the day when Blair was preggers with I believe and the child was believed to be Max Holden's. But then there was the whole whos the daddy situation and Todd chased her down and revealed he was the father if I remember correctly.

Anyways they had awesome chemistry (RH & Cassie DePavia). However I'm loving TSJ as Todd and I'm loving RH as Paul Ryan on ATWT so I'm happy the way things are right now.

On a final note all the great posts in this thread have convinced me to watch OLTL regularly now. Seems like this week is MUST SEE television!

• Members

Rex has gotten himself into a bind, and I hope RC doesn't let Rex escape some punishment in this storyline. Rex had been hired by Todd first to help him clear his name with the Margaret business, being on Todd's side at least for the money. Rex also accepted money to help Todd find his child. Rex turned on Todd for no apparent reason other than he liked Michael and Marcie better -- and lied to Todd rather than refuse to help him. I hope Carlivati's Todd has some bite behind all his current bark, and turns some of it on Rex. At best, Rex should lose his PI license over this.

The storyline is working well. Children do spark a lot of emotion, which is pulling people into debates, and into the storyline. It's not exactly clear cut, and if some of it is ridiculous, at least most of the emotions characters portray are reasonably recognizable.

• Members

Okay, let's not count our chickens before they hatch. I'm as excited as the next guy, but everyone knows that the best times (historically) on a soap are the first few weeks after a new head writer starts, mainly because they kick the previous head writer's stories into high gear to end them. I have high hopes for RC but to call him Doug Marland when his own stories haven't even aired yet? that's a little premature.

• Members

Michael, Rex, and Adriana seem to feel since Todd did so many bad things in the past he has no right to his son. Plus they feel since he already has two children then he really doesn't need his third child. Todd maybe a bad person when it comes to adults, but where a child is involved he cares for them in his own twisted way. Todd was wrong with what he did with Jack when he was born but people need to remember that Blair lied to Todd by saying that Jack was Max's child. Once Todd found out that Jack was his son he did everyting in his piower to get him back. Also Starr and Blair do know what Todd did to Jack and she forgave him cause they understood why Todd did what he did. I think that Todd should tell Jack what he did to him when he was born.

• Members

Sad that Ron is getting off to a ridiculous start. Really ridiculous.

Rex taking that sanctimonious attitude with Todd. Is he going to be charged? Adrianna?

Todd behaving like a bafoon. He could be calm and still get his point across.

John's clear abuse of power. Why has Todd not mentioned this to the judge?

Why is Blair there? Too bad Vange is comatosed.

Marcy the shrill is more annoying than words could possibly say.

Michael standing there while his wife believes he's innocent. He was the total opposite of a man yesterday.

For anyone to remotely believe that Marcie and Mike have a legal toe on which to stand is totally ridiculous! They don't, espeicially since Michael has assisted in the kidnapping. Todd has been searching for his son, which means the adoption is null and void! We won't even discuss the fact that he thought the boy was dead. Another reason why there is no way this should ever see the inside of a courtroom.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that Ron is getting off to a bad start. I won't give him much time because I don't care too much for OLTL (I just want to see Rex strung up by the balls), and more importantly, Ron is doing a poor job.

OLTL is still at an F!

Archived