August 20-24, 2007

Toups

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, and history has shown that soaps lose more than half of their audience when they switch networks. CBS has always skewed older, whether its primetime or daytime, the 18-34 demo isn't what matters most to them. Barbara Bloom and Les Monves have both made it pretty clear that they look for overall ratings and performance in a variety of demos, not strictly the 18-34 demo. CBS won't be picking up a show with budget problems, eroding ratings, and especially a soap that's been canceled by another network. CBS has vested interests in both GL and ATWT, both have been on their network longer than any other program, and right now, both show either do better overall than Days or perform in the same margin. Also, with the way how daytime ratings have consistently diminished throughout the past 20 years, it's very unlikely that any major network will ever pick up Days, should NBC ever cancel it.

And um get rid of both P&G soaps? Getting rid of one soap alone is bad news for the entire industry. I don't want any CBS or ABC soap to be canceled just to give Days a safe home.

• Members

Why would CBS pick up Days when it is doing worse than ATWT and about the same as GL? :rolleyes:

Agreed

Again I agree.

Wow!...what a shock!!???...NOT!!!...LOL...Luke and Noah are heavily featured on Monday(the kiss) and Tuesday(Luke/Noah/Noah's dad) and they go up from a 2.1 last week to numbers of 2.3 and 2.4. Hmmmmmm...I wonder what ATWT should do? Promote the hell out of Luke and Noah???....I think so!!! And they havent been on all week. :rolleyes:

• Members

If it wasn't for that dud Friday singing contest, B&B would have got 2.9 or even 3.0. When will Brad Bell realise that the majority don't want to see D grade American Idol rejects and mediocre musical talent on a soap? :rolleyes:

The .1 increase in ratings for the week can be attributed to one person: Katherine Kelly Lang! B)B)

DAYS: Still mediocre! How on earth Sheffer keeps his job is a mystery to me! :rolleyes:

Archived