August 20-24, 2007

Toups

• Members

Lol at the boycott. Glad that it didn't work.

CBS should just dump ATWT and GL and pick up Days...those two aren't doing anything right now. Even Noah and Luke aren't saving ATWT. And GL hasn't had anything to be excited about since Tammy died.

Glad GH went up...and yeah Logan & Lulu are cute but I'm more of a Coop & Lulu supporter myself. Maxiepad can just disappear for all I care.

The show however is excellent overall. Between the Sonny/Kate and upcoming Mob storyline, Jax/Carly & Jerry, and Jason/Elizabeth/Lucky/Sam quad I'm very optimistic about the next few months.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ratings for the week of Aug. 20-24, 2007

1 Y&R 4.0 (-.1/-.4)

2 B&B 2.8 (+.1/-.4)

3 GH 2.6 (+.2/+.1)

4 OLTL 2.4 (+1/same)

5 AMC 2.3 (+.1/-.1)

6 ATWT 2.2 (+.1/-.3)

7 DOOL 2.0 (same/-.7)

8 GL 1.9 (-.1/-.3)

9 PS 1.3 (same/-.2)

GL's Daily Ratings

Monday 2.0

Tuesday 2.1

Wednesday 1.7—Harley/Gus ITL

Thursday 2.1

Friday 1.9

Whoa! 1.7 for the Wednesday's ITL of Harley and Gus which was a very emotional episode because Harley and Gus was seperating and fighting. It was very, very intense yet well acted and written; I'm guessing two speculations in regards to the 1.7 rating, 1) Pre-emption in the huge TV market (NYC, Philly, Boston, Chicago were pre-empted from GL episode on Wednesday) from the President Bush and Attorney General Gonzales resignation Press Conference and 2)Viewers love Harley and Gus (GusH) and hate to see them through this turmoil so they tuned out.

I've noticed that GL ratings dips when Y&R dips, it seemed to be the trend lately between the two shows. But IMO GL has been pretty strong lately by utilizing majority of the cast through the entire week after week in various of storylines.

DOOL is still suffering the worst loss in the ratings from a year ago than any soaps, their loss is -.7 in the ratings which is not very good considering over 800,000 viewers tuned out from last year's. Y&R and B&B have -.4, ATWT & GL have -.3 which reflects the entire CBS line-up is down in the ratings. ABC is mediocre with GH posting a gain in viewers compared to a year ago and of course Passions will be signing off to Direct TV.

• Members

Puuuulease! DAYS is a real stinker for many years, I tuned out of DAYS in the early 90s when they first wrote out Jack and Jennifer, and fired Eve, Nick, and the real Bo (P. Reckell) left the show, etc, etc, right before the disastorous Jim Reilly came aboard. Mr. Reilly really ruined DAYS along with NBC especially when they cancelled Santa Barbara and Another World.

CBS is loyal to GL and ATWT, GL is far better than DAYS (strictly IMO) all around, so I highly doubt that CBS will want to pick up a messy show with a hemorraging budget.

So your comment about CBS should dump ATWT and GL is totally irrelevant to me.

• Members

Well, I don't think CBS would ever pick up DOOL, because the mood is SO different from their shows (Dool is bbeter suited to ABC, I think), BUT even though Days is doing badly all-around, they are still holding their own in 18-49, which is really the only one that matters. By that standard, it's doing better than all but Y&R of the CBS shows.

• Members

Oh, and as for the boycott, it had about as much effect as I think anyone could have expected. I mean, not enough people know about it for it to have a major effect. Th fact is, not that many fans are aware of what's going on on the internet.

• Members

See comment above mine.

See comment above mine.

In addition loyalties can switch. It is after all a business that they're running. And despite all the hype surrounding ATWT it hasn't done anything for the ratings. Nor has the addition of any of the recent actors or the bringing back of popular actors done a single bit of good for the show.

As for GL the quality of the show has decreased significantly and it hasn't been good in years. The win at the Emmys was just a little life support and will probably help em last a couple more years.

However like you said Rocket Man its YOUR opinion. And mine being "irrelevant" to you will not make or break my day. I spoke my mind and if you don't like it then feel free to move on...

I stand by what I said. I think Days would benefit a lot if it went to CBS (assuming NBC drops it).

• Members

As far as CBS switching loyalties for DAYS, yeah, when pigs fly.

And for the rest of your comments...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! Stop it! You are killing me.

Just because you think GL has a couple of years left because of the Emmy win and the show stinks doesn't mean CBS will pick DAYS over GL nor ATWT, bottom line is DAYS will be gone long before GL quote and quote by NBC CEO. So I wouldn't hold your breath since I used to be loyal viewer for NBC daytime for many, many years. I.e. Search for Tomorrow, Generations, Santa Barbara, Another World, and Sunset Beach...go-figure.

• Members

Michael,

Here was my earlier comment on this about GL's 1.9:

"Whoa! 1.7 for the Wednesday's ITL of Harley and Gus which was a very emotional episode because Harley and Gus was seperating and fighting. It was very, very intense yet well acted and written; I'm guessing two speculations in regards to the 1.7 rating, 1) Pre-emption in the huge TV market (NYC, Philly, Boston, Chicago were pre-empted from GL episode on Wednesday) from the President Bush and Attorney General Gonzales resignation Press Conference and 2)Viewers love Harley and Gus (GusH) and hate to see them through this turmoil so they tuned out.

I've noticed that GL ratings dips when Y&R dips, it seemed to be the trend lately between the two shows. But IMO GL has been pretty strong lately by utilizing majority of the cast through the entire week after week in various of storylines."

• Members

I'm killing you and yet you're laughing? Okay...seems like you're trying to start a fight just because I happen to think GL and ATWT aren't doing much these days.

And your "bottom line" isn't set in stone so you can't really expect me to believe that...

I never said it was 100% fact that Days is coming to CBS. I just said it would be a good move.

Whether or not it happens won't bother me since I'm mostly a Y&R/GH watcher. But I do have a softspot for Days in my heart. And I think GL is just a waste of an hour right now. You believe its better than Days. We'll see which one last longer. I'm not heavily invested in it either way but I sincerely hope Days last longer so I wish it and its viewers good luck.

Finally you being a long time viewer doesn't make your views any more valid or truthful than mine.

• Members

I just don't see another network picking up another soap at this time because soaps aren't as profitable as what they used to be and the ratings continue to drop every year. Now if Days was pulling in very strong ratings like they were a year or two ago and NBC was going to cancel them anyway, I do think that they would have had a chance to be picked up by someone else. Frons has always been interested in Days so maybe he would have made room for them.

If the trend continues and soaps keep losing viewers, it is more likely that they will be slowly canceled and replaced with something that is cheaper and more profitable for the networks, IMHO. Who knows what will happen though. Soaps could become hot again and the ratings could start to rise giving Days a better chance at being picked up by another network even staying on NBC. As it is right now, if Days is canceled in 2009 or when their contract is expired, I dont' think another network will snatch them up when their own soaps are struggling so much right now. Unless they go to cable or DirectTV.

Archived