DAYS: Wednesday

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm watching again due to recaps by IMissAremid LOL. Great recap of today's show and I don't know of a thing to add to it. I only have one sad difference. I DO NOT adore Steve and Kayla and even wish they were not on the show. Bo and Hope, Roman, Anna and Tony could have carried this all quite well. S&K are not needed.

• Members

Mwahahahahahaha. It appears my posting all sunshine and rainbows campaign to get DOOL to crack 2.4 for at least one week at some point by the end of this year is starting to work. LOL.

I hear ya on wishing Tony and Anna were more involved though. I've generally been bummed at how they are utilizing her, but I am confused if you don't like Steve and Kayla why do you have them in your banner?

• Members

Yeah, isn't it a shame? I don't think Days even has that many doctors than that "other" soap.

With so much adventure and danger lately, we're be bound to see the hospital more than usual with esomebody getting locked in a freezer, on the verge of death, or getting electricuted. Kayla's getting/has gotten a storyline and she works there too.

I wish we could see more Tony and Anna too(I would like to see a scene between powerhouse Joe M and her). They could have spared some money that they offered a certain young actress to come back and used it to offer LH a contract, but oh well.

• Members

I love the Steve, Kayla, Bo, and Hope stuff. I just always do, in any combination.

I find myself watching with great interest lately because the stories have really perked up in a hurry. My big fear is that it is like it sometimes gets, where it is good for a couple of weeks and then it is not good for a couple of months.

I like the Tony Andre thing. I enjoy EJ and Sami.

It is all working for me AT THE MOMENT.

But that changes so fast with Days that I do not like to get my hopes up.

• Members

I don't think Days will get truly better or gain any respect until a little bit of a realism in details sets in. There's no way the hospital would let Rolf take care of Stefano, let alone let him bring in a red ice chest (!!!) with Benji's liver. Imagine all the paperwork and security involved in such a thing. Also, Roman went from being completely loopy in one scene to perfectly fine in the next, with no transition or anything. The direction, details, and overall writing is horrible - it's only the acting of people such as Joe Mascolo and Stephen Nichols (among very few others) that's saving it, in these past few episodes, anyway. Days still feels very amateurish and unprofessional, despite the few moments of brilliance.

• Members

Loved the Hope/Kayla scenes. The scene where the homeless man found Benji was well done and creepy. Good camera angles and lighting. Loved Bo, Roman, and Steve's interaction with him. SN and MBE were great in showing their love and concern for Benji. PR and SN were awesome at the ending and who knew Will Utay could deliver with good material. I am liking him this time around.

Stefano/Santo was great. This story is improving alot and Joe was great once again.

Lucas has been written much better this week and I liked his interaction with Roman. JT has been fantastic this week and I loved doped up Roman. Too bad it wore off. I can't believe this is JT. He is doing great.

Sami/EJ was good. JS and AS have great chemistry and the scenes were well-done. The bra stuff was hilarious and the electrocution and ending was a good cliffhanger.

ED was not credited but his influence is clearly being felt. I still can't wait to see his name in the credits instead of Wyman's.

• Members

I liked it - wasn't as intense as Tuesday's show, but that episode was pretty powerful and this was a bit more relaxing. For sure it's better than things were just a couple of weeks ago, where we might have seen one good day, followed by a day or two where it didn't even feel like the same show because it was so bad.

Some of the camera work was interesting - the first that hit me was when Stefano was pointing his finger and saying something like it's your fault -- he was talking to Santo but was looking directly into the camera. I almost peeked over my shoulder to see who the heck he was pointing at (because the thought of him pointing at ME and saying that gave me a chill!) Then the way the camera was used before EJ got zapped - it switched around a bit and included showing EJ from Sami's perspective. Just felt a bit different but good different.

The Benji part was sad - and the scenes with the homeless man were well done. I was surprised that when Roman and Bo put 2 and 2 together and realized what had happened, neither mentioned the fact their plan went way wrong and they set the stage for Benji becoming a target. Granted the Brady's aren't the type to accept blame, but it would have been a nice touch anyway.

Loved finally seeing EJ with no shirt (or pants) and the scene was good. Also enjoyed the Sami/EJ banter. His fall - it seriously looked like it HURT and sure wasn't a slide gently down to the floor like they tend to do!

• Members

That's what I'm thinking, too. Benji's death could further fuel the vendetta because it could be argued that Bo and Roman are responsible. If they hadn't arrested EJ just as he was getting ready to donate his liver, then Andre wouldn't have had to take Benji's.

Archived