Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I saw the score. He has an idiosyncratic game, he should be interesting to watch but he’s so insufferable, it undermines all else. And perhaps due to the number of British commentators, we tend to get an overload of focus on the Brits during this tournament, which sometimes I don’t mind, but when I don’t care for the athlete, it makes it hard to take.

• Members

Alexander Zverev will play his first round tomorrow while some are in the third round already.

Please register in order to view this content

Thiem vs Tsitsipas was the match of tournament so far yet ESPN didn't bother showing the match. Instead showing lack luster matches.

But tomorrow we'll see Tsitsipas because Andy is his opponent. God forbid an over the hill washed up Murray isn't shown.

• Members

I feel like Collins somewhere has a slam in her - kind of a Mary Pierce type of player that goes for broke.  But she went down hard in the tie break - when she's over it, you can see it on her face.  I'm from Virginia so I'm a fan - she tends to look a little bratty at times, and a little temper, but I like her.  I loved that one tournament during COVID when she yelled at her then-boyfriend.....something like - 'Do you HAVE to sit THERE?  You literally have the whole stadium. MOVE."   It cracked me up.

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

Whoever was the American commentator for the Ymer match against Fritz had me chuckling. Right up to almost the end of the match when Ymer was serving for it, he kept insisting Fritz had been in control of the match. Peter Fleming, or whoever it was “Uh sir, Fritz was in control for half the match, at best”.

Fleming or whoever that commentator was seemed so confused and deflated that Fritz lost. He seemed loathe to give Ymer the slightest modicum of credit. It tickled me that he was so deflated.

• Members

Was it Brett Haber?  He's terrible. Didn't have to be him, but sounds like it could be...he was in the DC area for awhile, sports commentator and was the worst, then somehow, some way - bam he was into the Tennis spotlight.  I cannot figure it out.  Practically no one can.  Maybe he had dirt on someone and scraped his way to the top.