Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Saw a clip on Twitter, what a crack up.  One of the ESPN announcers was going over a leader's list of some kind and reading it and said, Federer and someone was moving up on passing Uh-Vert.  About records or grand slam semis or something.  Uh Vert.  A girl had recorded it and said 'UH VERT!??" and sent it to Chrissie.  And the girl had retweeted it and said, uh, it's EV-ERT and she's kind of your...COWORKER.  Chrissie replied with the laughing so hard/crying Emoji.  Pam Shriver replied...something like...I tried to beat her but she averted my attempts 18 times in a row!  

Where do they get these hosts/announcers?  Anyone else see this?  

• Members

I saw the clip. ESPN doesn't care much about tennis anymore and that clip illustrates this. Once their contracts for Wimbledon and The US Open are up, it wouldn't surprise me if they opt not to extend coverage. I can't stand what they've done to tennis with all the stupid add-ons of their bogus ESPN+ service. I hate Tennis Channel too, which does something similar with Tennis Channel Plus. I wish there were a dedicated, comprehensive streaming service for tennis that you can subscribe to, like Netflix. And then offer subscribers the option to have commentary or no commentary, and keep a few commentators and ditch the rest--maybe hire a few broadcast sports journalists that specialize in tennis and actually studied communications and sports journalism.

Tennis as a sport is going to be in trouble when these world known players all retire. The sport is barely accessible, even as a longtime fan, I feel like it's become too much effort to find regular Tour matches.

• Members

Berrettini is doing what you are supposed to do when one elite player passes on a Slam and another is on his last leg.  Go for it!!!!!  This should be Medvedev/Zverev/Tits/Theim (injured).  Good for him!  

I really miss Wawrinka

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

ESPN gets more time to further marginalize tennis through mediocre coverage and subpar commentary.

Yay?

Please register in order to view this content

ABC hasn't been good at covering tennis since the days the Miami Open was called The Lipton.

They better hope they can lure Robin Roberts, or someone who knows an iota about tennis over there.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
What is subpart, auto-correct, Huh?!