The Tennis Thread

• Members

Getting old sucks in a lot of ways. Hard to watch. Still, he made the QF off two knee surgeries (which is both an indictment of his competition and a testimony to his skill).

ESPN is lame, of course. We’re missing the tight Berrettini/FAA match while they chatter on and on about Roger’s defeat.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Disappointed FAA lost but it was definitely a great step in the right direction for him.  Happy for Shapo but it’s going to take Novak playing at his worst for Shapo to win.  No matter what happens this was a huge tournament for Canadian tennis.  

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It'll be funny if Hurkazc wins the men's title. Actually, it might be the best case scenario. I stopped caring about this tournament last weekend but, maybe that clip of Hurkacz being utterly ignored by the press in the press conference room has been fueling his run. His journey to the final is the least yawn inspiring run of the players left in the draw, imo.

• Members

Oh I missed it. Where can I see it?

Matteo can't win the big match. He hasn't been able to do it this year. 

Shapo is still to green to win a major.

I like Herbie but his game is so wooden and I loathe his coach. He's coached all the Trumpster rejects.

Novak takes it over Matteo in the finals.

The women...flush them all...don't care.

• Administrator

I didn’t see the match but there’s nothing really to say.  He’s still able to make it to the quarters just shows how, at an old age and his body breaking down, he’s still pretty decent.  

• Members

Welp, I was trying to put a positive spin on things but I am indifferent, tbh.

I think I posted that clip of Hurkacz not being asked any questions in the press conference room some time ago. It happened before Wimbledon, at another tournament, don't remember which. You can probably find it somewhere on Twitter, if you search.

I'm a believer that people and players should retire when they decide. Tennis is an individual sport, so it should be the decision if that individual. Viewers can always change the channel, spectators another match, if they'd rather not see.

• Members

I clicked on, just in time to see Kerber play an awful tiebreak, lol. I almost felt sorry for Angie (I said almost

Please register in order to view this content

) until I remembered that, had it been Venus or Serena, Angie would've been playing 'balls to the walls', relentlessly ruthless tennis. Oh well.