Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Dominic played last night, unfortunately due to going into a hard lockdown for five days I miss out on going to the tennis. 

Yep due to an outbreak of COVID from a hotel that quarantined returned overseas passengers. It was a hotel that had nothing to do with the tennis players and some people are blaming the players.

• Members

This has bugged me for a long time and maybe it's been discussed here but the 'going to the towel' thing should be stopped.  I was watching matches from the 80's and 90's and even early 2000's and players did not

do that between points at all.  No wonder they had to go to a serve clock.  At the Australian they commented it hasn't been the usual heat and it's been mild...players go to the towel anyway, every single point.  Do people just sweat now more than they used to??

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

Dominic Thiem fans are still dumbfounded by his loss. His post match interview was puzzling. Grigor didn't even play that well against Dominic. 

I don't see Grigor winning this tournament or a major. He has so underchieved in his career. He never got over the Roger comparison. His serve never improved either. And now he is struggling against some club player qualifier.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I've missed so much of this tournament.  I like Thiem.  And I missed Serena beating Halep.  It would be AWESOME if Serena wins this...right in Margaret Court Stadum.  Brutal sweet justice.  Martina would be absolutely Giddy and I would LOVE to see and hear that.  I just love Martina now...I never knew what a nice person she is and I follow her on Twitter and she's a scream.  No wonder Chrissy and her are great friends.  They're both sharp with sense of humor...Martina used to tell these stories about Chrissy...she'd say everyone thinks she's so well mannered and demure...she'll tell the dirtiest jokes you have ever heard!  

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

If I didn't know better I'd think this year's tournament was rigged.

This guy has 0% chance of beating Novak. Let's get serious here. He is out of his league. We will forget who he is in a week.

it's obvious Novak whether injured or not wants to prevent Nadal from winning and becoming the #1 majors leader. He has so much anger for the Rafa and Roger love. 

And Novak's tantrums are getting old. Ball person cleaning up his mess after he trashes racquet on court.